Sunday, December 7, 2008

wow...I haven't blogged all weekend

okay...so let's dig deep into my memory...all the way back to Friday.

Friday was my monthly Bunko game. I still made dinner for the family even though I was going to be served dinner at Bunko ...because I'm nice like that. Well actually it was because Matt was working late after meeting with a client. I made Chicken, Sausage, and Capers over brown rice and I even served myself up a small dish because it looked so good.

I didn't win at Bunko but it was fun as usual. We even had an after party which was mostly fun but it made me eat a 2nd dinner when I got home late that night. I really don't think those calories should count though.

Saturday, I had my hair appointment (I went more brown this time to cut back on maintenance and $$$.) While I got my hair done, Matt, Buddy and the kids went to Matt's work to pick up some office furniture that was being given away. We got a couple of desks, office chairs, extension cords and the like. Be on the lookout for them on Craigslist and Ebay!!

After I got my hair done, I went with a few friends to see Twilight. FINALLY. Just earlier on Saturday I finished the fourth and final book in the series. I'm seriously going through Twilight withdrawals right now. But back to the movie...it was really good. It wasn't exactly like the images I had in my head after reading the book but I was impressed at how closely they followed the storyline.

I got home from the movie at about 6:30pm and didn't feel like cooking dinner for the family (but I would have, of course, since I had almost a whole day to myself.) But, when I got home I saw this....



Tyler (and Daddy) were making turkey-bacon and cheese quesadillas. Tyler was in charge of making sure they were salty enough. They turned out perfect and were such a wonderful surprise.
Today, Sunday, I made my weekly menu (to be posted soon) and grocery list and then headed out with a purse full of coupons to Kroger and Walmart. I kept our weekly grocery bill to about $75...which is really good for us.
When I got home Tera came over to play and Matt went to "rake" the leaves at Connie's house (Connie is our baby-sitter's Mom, a Bunko buddy and also a good friend of mine.) Before raking the leaves Matt made a little "adjustment" to his mower. Can you see it below?
(he switched out the mower seat with an office chair he got from work.)
Isn't he just ...beyond words to describe?!
The first thing the girls did when Tera came over was go change into some of Lauren's PJs. I don't know why this is always Tera's first request. "Lauren, go ask your mom if we can wear pajamas."
Although it was fairly cold, the girls got all bundled up to go play in the sandbox. They lasted all of 20 minutes before coming back inside.

Dinner tonight was Southwestern Salmon and Spinach Broccoli Muffins. The salmon was okay...nothing special but the muffins were actually really really good despite their name and what they had in them. Lauren ate all her muffin and salmon and! even asked for "more chicken please" and Tyler had a bite of salmon and a few bites of his muffin.

After dinner Tyler decided he was ready to go to work. Daddy's briefcase weighs just as much as he does.


Currently the kids are falling apart. Lauren is crying every 5 minutes and Tyler is yelling, crying and screaming. All I hear is a clear, "Mommy, please let us go to bed." And all I can say is, "Yes children, let's go to bed."
Good night.



No comments: