Wednesday, December 10, 2008

{insert clever title here}

Our economical situation has reached a new low. Don't get me wrong, we've been able to buy more than enough Christmas presents for the kiddos and yes we have plenty to have a great time with my family over the holidays. But the thing is, Matt is just too low in funds to get his blue-collar groove on. He is unable to do any weekend projects because we don't have the extra money to spend on them. This lack of blue-collar physical stimulation paired with the constant typing on a Blackberry miniature keyboard AND the incessent drawings a process engineer must do, unfortunately, leads to smooth, soft and velvety hands. They are perfect for a back massage (great idea huh, babe?) but ripe for blisters when playing Guitar Hero. Yes my manly man came home with a blister on his thumb after playing only 2 songs on our neighbor's Guitar Hero. Please Lord, let these hard times ease up soon.

Check out this loaf of bread I made. (well I didn't actually make it...I loaded up the ingredients and the bread machine made it but I was the one to plug it in) We were running low on bread and I had half jar of bread machine yeast to use. I found this recipe here and thought that if 869 people gave it 5 out of 5 stars than it must be good. We'll see when I try a slice tomorrow. (oh the suspense....) It sure looks pretty though.

Just don't pay attention to my back-splash or should I say Lack Of A Back Splash. Please let these economical times ease up and let my Matt make me a backsplash.
And here's something I thought I would never say. I miss the rain. I Miss The Rain. Please let me clarify of course. I miss the storms. I DO NOT miss the Oregon drizzle that occurs September through April non-stop. I miss the Southern rain. It finally rained today. Lightning, Thunder, potential flooding with the down-pour. I even love the alerts that interrupt my only day time program and the ONLY one worth watching....General Hospital. It was so exciting to finally have some storms and even the kids got out to celebrate.

No comments: