Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Good Old Southern Manners

Everyone knows the South has the edge on superb manners and the like. And I'd like to ensure y'all that I'm raising my kids to be the perfect examples of this Southern tradition. And here is some of my examples of the perfect polite behavior... I'll be publishing a "How To Guide" soon.

Eating gracefully without your hands.

Playing without bothering a busy Mommy...
See, Aren't my children Perfect?!
And speaking of perfect...yesterday Lauren informed me that there were many different words for "bottom." According to her, you may either say "bottom" or "bom bom" (like Tyler does) or you can say "BOOTY."
Hello?! Booty?!
Upon further questioning she said that Travis (from school) said Booty one day and had to sit on the "naughty chair." My daughter is learning so much and so well. Such the Southern Belle.
For dinner tonight I switched things up. Since Matt went to the Georgia Tech basketball game with a co-worker tonight, I opted not to make the fancy Focaccia with Feta and in turn, made the Corn and Bacon Chowder and added a few crackers to compliment.

It wasn't bad for being a Weight Watchers recipe. Even the kids ate a couple spoonfuls.
Well I hope y'all had a great Wednesday...Happy Hump Day to you all.

1 comment:

brian said...

i have many words to teach her...