Sunday, November 30, 2008

a "Tera-rific" weekend

Lauren had so much fun with Tera on Friday that she begged and begged for Tera to come over again on Saturday...and then on Sunday as well.

On Saturday we took the kids to Monkey Joes. They had a good time jumping on all the inflatable toys and kept the meltdowns and tantrums to a minimum. I didn't get any pictures of them jumping but here's a few pics of the quarter operated Bus.




After we jumped up an appetite we went in search of some lunch. Matt got Overly-Excited when we passed a Krystal and he insisted on eating there. I choose to pick my battles so I agreed. He ordered a #6 which is 12 burgers, 2 fries and 2 drinks. Lauren ate 2 1/2 burgers, Tyler ate 2 burgers and Tera ate 2 herself. GROSS! But this happens to be the first fast food burger the kids have ever eaten. So I guess it's worth documenting.
Saturday evening we invited ourselves over to Mike's house (Tera's Dad's house) to watch the Duck vs. Beaver game. I'm glad my Ducks won but I would have been happy if the Beavers were able to prevent USC from going to the Rose Bowl. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too all the time.
On the way home Matt took a picture of our house. He over-exposed the shot so was able to take a better pic than I did.

Today, Sunday, we woke up to Pancakes. The pancake master pulled out all the stops this morning.


After breakfast we invited Tera over to play again. They played their hearts out and came up with some very interesting games. This one was called "hide from Mommy." They camped out under the kitchen table.


We had Mike, big Tyler and Tera over for dinner tonight since I made a Huge dish of Chicken Florentine Artichoke Bake. This was delicious and even a couple of the kids (big Tyler and Lauren) ate a decent serving of it.
This evening we gave the kids baths and got ready for tomorrow. It's back to school for Lauren and back to work for Matt. Welcome to the real world.

No comments: