Thursday, November 13, 2008

it's all Tyler's fault

He's been having a whiny, bad attitude lately which goes along irritatingly with his new outright defiant behavior.

When asked to do ANYTHING, Tyler will resort to a few favorite responses.
"Nooo I won't Mommy, okaaaay?, I said I won't pick up my toys, okaaaay?"
"Don't say that again Mommy, okaaaay?”
Eventually he will do what is asked but he will say he won't do it the entire time. Outright back-talking.

At Impact last night I found out my friend Kate was also struggling with this same issue with her toddler son. (who is also a younger brother to a very well behaved older sister…coincidence?) A book was recommended...You Can’t Make Me (But I Can Be Persuaded) by Cynthia Tobias


After volunteering at church this morning I had 10 minutes to stop in the library and look for said book.

Luckily, this was a library and there weren't very many people there so it would be easy to be in and out in no time hopefully with the life-changing book.

Unluckily, I did not find this book and had to leave without the much needed guidance.
-----

Luckily, I was able to exhaust my search in time to go get Lauren from school.

Unluckily (yet expectedly,) Tyler did not want to go. He flung himself face down on the Berber-carpeted floor yell/screaming, "I won't go get Lauren, okaaaay? I just won't go get Lauren, Mommy"
-----

Luckily, it was a library so there weren't too many people around to get annoyed and distracted by his behavior.

Unluckily, as I bent over to swoop him off the floor and fly his flailing and screaming a**, I mean body, outside I……. split my pants……WIDE…. OPEN.
-----

Luckily this was a library and there weren't many people (and fortunately not a single good-looking guy) around to witness this quite unfortunate and Embarrassing Event.

Unluckily, this Event took place with the loudest RRRRIIIIIIIIP sound you've ever heard. (even the deaf guy in the hearing impaired section dropped to the ground thinking there was gun fire)
-----

And finally…I promise we’re coming to an excruciatingly end here…

Luckily, the only visual witnesses were an entire pre-school class who were ready to return to school from their library field trip.

Unluckily, we were at a library which probably has hidden cameras...and most likely there's a staff meeting going on right now where all the employees are having a good chuckle at my exposed NKOTB underoos.

How I love these terrible twos.

Honestly though, I will miss them when they are gone and are replaced by the Terrifying Teen Years. (unless he takes after me and is a perfect angel by then.)

But for now let’s just jump to dinner.
(said Matt while peeking through the oven, “This is going to be good.”)
And believe you me, it was. Although, with all the cheese, eggs and 2% milk, it isn’t by any means good for you but it sure is tasty. Even the harshest critics (a.k.a. Lauren and Tyler agreed.)

Definitely try this recipe! We ate only one-third of it and have a ton of left-overs…which is a good thing since I’m not cooking for the next two days.

Signing Off,
-Christine

And now for some random post-scripts:

PS. I Love the new combined XM and Syrius Radio. It rocks…especially Coffeehouse and the Loft. My husband would say the AC/DC channel. All agreed…it’s a good combination.

PSS. I realize that I should be with my Community Group tonight but as the sun goes down…so does my motivation, pep-rally energy and any desire to be social. Sorry Y’all. I’ll work on it. I’m a true, self-diagnosed, Seasonal Affective Disordered human-being.

1 comment:

Claudine said...

Do you take Vitamin D? It helps with the diminished sunshine side effects. Chocolate too.

That story truly made me LOL. Maybe it's simply a message from the universe to put away the workout clothes and grow some hibernation fat.

It's November for goodness sake. Brrrr. :-)