Saturday, November 8, 2008

Iron Chef in the house

Last night we were supposed to have leftovers but we didn't have any in the fridge. So I thought it would be fun to challange Matt Iron Chef style. (plus use up some tomato sauce I had in the fridge.) Now I'm the main cook in the family. I Love to cook. I love to find different and new recipes to try. BUT...I have never claimed to be a GOOD cook. Matt on the other hand is a GOOD cook. I can make anything and everything as long as I have a recipe. I'm very good at following directions. Matt can take a look in the pantry and fridge and come up with his very own delicious recipe. And therefore we have the Iron Matt Challange.

the ingredients which must be used: basil oozy gel, penne pasta, capers (cuz I LUV capers,) l/o tomato sauce, and 2 sausage links.


the Iron Man creating:
(note to self-clean microwave)
Ta-Da
his masterpiece: Italian Mac N Cheese
My Delicious serving:


My vote: excellent! taste and texture and level of fat...all 10. But my vote doesn't really matter...I'm the Paula Abdul kind of judge...I likes me some food especially with some capers. But below you'll see the actual tough critic.
Lauren and Skittles
(more to come on Skittles...he came home with us for the weekend...he likes to spend the weekend with each of Lauren's classmates and tell his story in a scrapbook.)
The verdict is....
Perfect 10 all the way around. The kids ate all of their Mac N Cheese and then both asked for more. Good job Daddy.
After the kids went to bed last night Matt and I watched Fool's Gold in the basement. We both thought it was just alright. I really thought Matthew McConaughey's chiseled chest looked a lot like Matt's. Y'all agree?
Today we did our weekly grocery shopping but first we shampoo'd the carpet in the Den. (I call it the family room though for future reference.) It's been looking pretty rough with all the wear and tear of 2 kids and one, and previously two, cats. I remember before we had our kids Matt told me our house would Never look like we had kids. (he said this after going over to someone's house who had toys laying out everywhere.) But now, years later, our carpet gets dotted with stains and our formal dining room is transformed into the playroom of every child's dream. If you can get 2 steps into my house and not tell that we have kids then you are legally blind.
We've since learned to Never say we will Never do something. Because we most certainly will end up doing it.
and if I could be so tacky...a number of you (family members) have asked what the kids would like for Christmas. I've added a few lists to my side bar on the blog with some suggestions and games and trains we already have. Please don't write me off for being so rude and assuming. =)




No comments: