Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I need to title this

I finally saw the dermatologist today...and by the look of my sketchy mole she immediately said it looked like basal cell skin cancer. She gave me 2 weeks to live.......





....until I get the results back from the biopsy. I'm really not freaked out and don't feel like this is a big deal. (which if you know me, you may find this odd because I normally freak the heck out over the littlest things.) I'll keep y'all updated.

Matt worked a little late tonight since he stayed home to watch Tyler during my Drs. appointment this morning. He also had to prepare for his brief trip to Orlando this week. If Lauren didn’t have her Thanksgiving Feast on Friday and if we didn’t have a birthday party to go to this weekend we would have definitely turned this Orlando work trip into an Orlando FAMILY VACATION.



For dinner tonight I made Grilled Vegetable and Mozzarella sandwiches with home-made Ciabatta Bread. This bread turned out Great. It even tasted better than the left-over store bought bread I had in the fridge. Take the time to make this…it’s worth it. (I was bored so I took a lot of picures...sorry.)

loaves ready to go into the oven



and fresh out of the oven
the veggies roasted (I used yellow squash instead of eggplant)
and finally the roasted veggie sandwiches

When I pulled the fresh bread out of the oven Tyler ran into the kitchen and said, "it's smells stinky in here." But after I lifted him up to smell the bread he said it smells "yummy." And then he came in three more times to "smell the bread." "I need to smell the bread, Mommy."



Even though he liked the smell of the bread he didn't eat much of it. The kids did try some of the roasted veggies and nibbled here and there. I deemed the amount good enough for them to get a snack. (mostly to avoid any fights and arguments tonight.)

And now for today's deep topic:

We bought some new Kandoo hand soap for the bathroom downstairs. (btw, this smells tasty) Lauren said this is the same soap that Grammy and Uncle Brian have at their house. (we haven't been there for months yet she still remembers this.) I was less interested in her memory of the hand soap than her linking of Grammy and Uncle Brian. I asked her about it and she said "it's like Grandma Jan and Grandpa Michael and MeMa and Papa."

What used to be "Grammy and Grandpa Bob" has changed into Grammy and Uncle Brian. This brought on a discussion of a couple things. First, that Uncle Brian doesn't always live at Grammy's house. And second, a discussion about my Dad who passed away last year. I don't think she really remembers him...which breaks my heart. I got to grow up knowing all of my Grandpas and I know, KNOW my Dad really wanted to get to know all his grand kids. His whole focus was about us kids and what he thought was best for us and I know, KNOW he wanted to do the same for the grand kids. So we spent some time today talking about heaven and Jack (the cat), Grandpa Bob and also Grampy. (She was happy to hear that Grampy is feeling much much better in heaven now.) We looked through our family photo albums and relived some good memories.

Life is great and wonderful and yet can also be so very very cruel.

1 comment:

Claudine said...

I love Ciabatta bread...I am so impressed that you made it at home. Hope you are feeling better soon!