Sunday, November 2, 2008

and the grass turned brown today

We turned the clocks back last night...all except for Lauren's. I almost went in there at 11pm when I went to bed to turn it back but I decided to let her sleep. So Of Course, she didn't get the memo and she was up dark and early at 6am. Bummer.

Today we played, built a fort in the living room, watched some tv and then headed over to Mr. Mike's house to watch some football and let Lauren and Tyler play with Tera. While we were at Mr. Mike's house our green grass turned to its winter shade of brown. Yuck...I'd really love to hibernate through the rest of the fall and winter if it's not too much to ask.

Mr. Mike bought the Direct TV NFL package and has a zillion different football games playing on his 3 tvs in the basement. One tv even had a grid of 8 different games going. All the guys also had their laptops out to check their football pool stats. It was pretty psychotic. I bet my Dad would have really enjoyed to have been there.

I hung out for awhile and then took the girls home with me so they could enjoy a change in toys. While they played I made Lighter Chicken Enchiladas. These turned out delicious. It was very spicy but a smidge of sour cream mellowed it out perfectly.

Currently the kids and Daddy are vegged out in front of our TV watching Nascar. And after the kids are in bed I'll assume my vegged out position in front of the TV for all my Sunday night shows. Amazing Race, Cold Case, and Desperate Housewives.

No comments: