Tuesday, November 4, 2008

happy election day

It's been a beautiful past few days around here. We've made a point of getting outside as often as we could. The sandbox is a top good weather spot for us. and since I'm obsessed with the ugly brown dormant winter grass I tried to get a picture to illustrate. I'm not sure you can tell how brown it is but it sure isn't bright green! for dinner last night we had Shrimp with Scallions and Potatoes from the November issue of Everday Food. It was light and delicious. I'll definitely make this again for a quick meal.
After we dropped Lauren off from school today we went to VOTE. Despite the fact that I brought Tyler's stroller in for him to sit in he refused it and insisted to be CARRIED instead. He Is Getting So Heavy. Luckily my arms held out and I was able to vote with one hand and carry him with the other. It took me 30 min. to get out of my car, vote and get back into my car.....not bad, not bad.

After nap today and after Daddy came home from working and voting the kids went on a scavenger hunt in the back yard while I cooked dinner. After the scavenger hunt Tyler did some CRAZY swinging.



Dinner tongiht was Penne Pasta Casserole from the Cheap Eats website. Amazingly the kids ate 2 servings of the casserole. This dish will definitely be seen again.

It was an exciting day and we are keeping our eyes on the election results to see who our next president of the United States will be.

1 comment:

g.g. said...

Can't believe I lived long enough to see an Aferican American as President.
G.G.