Friday, November 21, 2008

bah humbug

Well, I probably used up all my "sympathy points" with yesterday's blog but I'm going for broke now. Today was even worse. (prepare for my bah-humbug paragraphs.)

So....this morning...well, 3:30 am to be exact I WOKE UP with my left eye swollen and stuck shut. Since I have 2 kids who've suffered through these exact symptoms I knew immediately what this meant. I had Pink Eye. (conjunctivitis to the edu-ma-cated folks.) Since I was disgustedly wide awake, I decided to finish the last 100 pages of Eclipse instead of trying to go back to sleep.

So with very little sleep that night I got up and got the kids ready for the day. Today was Lauren's Thanksgiving Feast but since I woke up with a sudden case of the highly contagious Pink Eye there was no way I could go. This broke my heart because the girl has been obsessed with the Feast for 2 weeks now. She was SO EXCITED for it to be here. Luckily, Matt was coming home from his Orlando work trip just in time to make it for the Feast. I met him at the school parking lot to give him her booster seat and the video camera so I wouldn't have to miss a thing.

We watched the video tonight and it was great to see her all excited. I would have posted the video on this blog but I have no idea how the heck to do that. You'll just have to visit us in good ol'e Georgia to see it and believe me...it's worth it.

So..oh yeah...back to the bad news. After I dropped Lauren off at school I noticed I had a message from my dermatologist. The biopsy results were back (already! I thought I had at least another week) and it turns out I have a Basal Cell Carcinoma on my chest. So my Mohs surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday. I should be recovered in time for tanning season. (j/k)

Since I was sick...and Matt was home...I Played The Part...(which I feel I fully deserved...hey, I'm miserable) I took a nap and then relaxed on the sofa to watch "General Hospital."

He’s such a great guy that he Took On The Part with joy and perfection. He made his own recipe of Philly Cheese-Steak Sandwiches for dinner.
Matt being the anal retentive guy that he is Invented his own style of clean-up/cooking.
He's such a STUD.

He even made the kids a different variation of the cheese-steak sandwich. (bacon, toast and buttery corn.) After dinner he played with the kids and then got them ready for bed. He didn’t want me to pass on my sick germs to them.
playing double horsey
Right now the kids are in bed and my popcorn is popped and we're headed to the basement to watch The Messengers.

Night Y'All.

No comments: