Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful

Wednesday was Hat Day at Lauren's school. Lauren wore her favorite hat to school and Tyler wanted to celebrate too so he wore the infamous DUCK hat.
He LoVeS the Duck Hat.
That night I had my Impact Group meeting and the kids and Daddy stayed outside for awhile enjoying the super-wonderful November weather.
And now brace yourself for a paragrah (some might say "cheesy" paragraph) on how THANKFUL I am...

I've been complaining about our economical situation a lot lately...both on the blog and to any real life person who will listen to me. Today we got Matt's first paycheck adjusted with the 10% pay-cut. When he told me the dollar amount we Didn't Recieve, I freaked for a minute. It was HUGE. But then I started to think deeper.
We knew about the pay cut awhile ago so we adjusted our budget and cut our spending. (I'm THANKFUL he took a pay-cut rather than a lay-off). I hate to say it but I'm pretty good at being cheap. (THANKS to my late father.) It's been easy to cut the grocery bill in Half.
I'm THANKFUL I can stay home and rear my own children. Not everybody can do this. I love the fact that we moved from the West (best?) coast to the Great friendly South and bought a wonderful house in a perfect neighborhood. I look around at my house which is more square footage than we Need but it sure is nice...and looks nice too. I look outside and see a huge yard for my kids to play in. My kids are happy and their perfect afternoon outing would be a trip to the park or our back deck and the sandbox. Their absolute favorite time of day is when Daddy gets home from work. I find happiness in my family. I'm THANKFUL for my family. I see My Happiness in my children's eyes. I see My Happiness in the way my husband looks at me. We are happy and we will be just fine no matter what. I'm very THANKFUL.
and that's all I have to say tonight. It's time to put my children to bed.

2 comments:

brian said...

you hear that matt? she wants to rear your children... :)

Claudine said...

Gratitude is powerful...you are a wise girl to appreciate the present instead of focusing on what might be missing.

I wish I lived on your street so we could hang out more often!