Friday, November 28, 2008

so long Thanksgiving...let's talk Christmas

In contrast to my last few posts, I'm going to be brief today.

It's been a great couple of days. While I was preparing the side dishes and while the meat smoked in the Traeger, Matt "raked" the leaves and pine straw in the back yard.

Lauren took some time out of her busy day playing to help me knead the dough for some rolls.

Soon she was back outside enjoying the 60 something degree weather while I filled the house with the delicious smell of baking dinner rolls.


The final product. If you can't tell I'm very proud of how they turned out. I just may be starting to like baking. I've always cringed when it came to the oven for anything other than casseroles. But it was kind of fun to see these rolls turn out from just a lump of flour. Maybe someday I'll try cakes and the like.


the only other picture of the Thanksgiving dinner I took was the Green Bean and Artichoke Casserole. This looked pretty but the artichokes tasted too canned and preserved. It would have been delishes without the artichoke hearts. Sometimes you just shouldn't mess with the classics.


After dinner Mike, Mike and a new friend Kevin came over to watch some football.

Today we woke up bright and early (at our regular time) to head to our new favorite store the Big K. We were able to discreetly pick up some more Christmas presents for the kids without them really noticing. We got these toys at Doorbuster prices. Matt was thrilled that the receipt showed we saved almost as much as we paid. This was our only stop for shopping but on our way home we went by our favorite tree farm parking lot and found our perfect 2008 Christmas tree.

So while Matt and I decorated for Christmas, Tera came over to play with Lauren and Tyler. The first thing they always do is change out of their clothes and into pajamas. I couldn't decide which picture was best so you get all three.



and here are my un-professional photos of the Christmas decos.


(this would be a string of colorful lights along the balustrade)
the mantle, ready for our Christmas guests
(Matt's stocking is behind mine we're in need of another Pottery Barn gold tree stocking holder)
the decorated Christmas tree
the Christmas tree without the flash
a bad picture of the house. you'll have to use your imagination. Matt will have to take a better pic later.
currently Lauren and Tera are in the basement bedroom watching Cinderella, Tera's brother Tyler is in the living room watching Final Fantasy 7 and my Tyler is in my bedroom watching Thomas the Train. Matt, Mike and I are about to head to the basement to watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Fun times all around.


Night Yall!

No comments: