Sunday, January 11, 2009

Family Sunday

Today was perfect. We spent all day together (except for the 30 minutes I took to run ((honestly, I drove but "run" just sounds much healthier)) to Publix to buy some more Cilantro for tonight's dinner.)

We were able to learn some more "Lauren-isms" today. (These are comparable to "Gump-isms" i.e. "life is like a box of chocolates....")

At breakfast this morning we ran out of clean Ikea kiddie forks so I gave Lauren one of our Oneida forks.

“Bust my boiler, I have a grown-up fork.” Obviously this was taken from a Thomas and Friends episode. Although she said it in all honesty I just couldn't help but crack up. It was hilarious to hear it naturally come out of her mouth.

And anytime she gets frustrated she will lament, "Oh Bother." (if you know anything about anything, you will know this comes from one of Lauren's favorite shows, "My Friends Tigger and Pooh.")

Later in the day Lauren and Tyler prepared a birthday party with their pretend food. Lauren told me the 3 people she likes best were going to be there. Her favorite three people, "God, Jesus and Santa Claus" Bless her heart. (but what about me?!)

While the kiddos were down for their nap Matt and I watched the documentary "Encounters at the End of the Earth" It was good, deep...maybe a little too deep for me...I have no idea how to process Neutrinos without letting my brain explode....but it was an interesting documentary. I still recommend you watch it.

And to wind up the day:

Lauren did some reading of her "sight words." She sorted through all of them and picked out the ones she knew. She correctly read the words "BIG" and "GO." I had to get her picture celebrating her big accomplishment.

For dinner tonight we had the Black Bean Soup and Freezer Biscuits (as mentioned in the Weekly Menu.) Both were very good. I did add a good amount of salt & pepper to both the Sofrito (a.k.a. Garlic Pepper Sauce) and the Black Bean Soup. I added a dollop of plain yogurt to mine, as did Lauren and we both cleaned our plates. Tyler was a different story. He preferred to only eat his raisins and milk.

After dinner I did some vacuuming and then tried to make a dent in my iTunes education (so I can better use my iPod Touch.) In the mean time Tyler did some measuring of Lauren...some serious measuring....




and then he played some powder puff? football.
(disregard my fat finger getting in the way of the lens)

No comments: