Thursday, January 22, 2009

mostly food, but a little attitude too

Mr. and Miss Attitude took over the house this week...

not here though...here they are looking quite sweet and angelic:

Tyler climbed up into his dump truck and requested I take a picture of him.
and Lauren requested a picture of her loading up her self-made garbage. (scissors & scrap paper = big mess on my floor)
It was right after this that the ugly-ness started. Lauren adopted an unacceptable bad attitude and was told to sit on the naughty chair. On the way to the naughty chair she screamed at the top of her lungs (releasing negative "naughty" energy right?) and then when she sat her little self down on the naughty chair she shouted, "Mommy just wants me to poke her in the nose."
(what?! oh no you didn't..just try it little girl....)
Tyler's bad attitude didn't start until a bit later so we'll be sure to touch up on that in due time.
In the mean time let's talk about Food. (this is a wannabe foodie blog ya'know)
Tuesday, I made a Greek Low-Fat Vegetable Soup to go along with my Greek inspired menu. This was very low-cal and quite tasty but it just wasn't filling enough. I ate 2 freezer biscuits before I felt satisfied. This would be a great lunch however.
Wednesday, was Chicken with Yogurt Sauce and Peasant Risotto (the risotto was from my newest Italian Coobook.) The cookbook was a Christmas gift from my Mom's Club "Secret Mom." Every month we exchange a small gift with our "secret Mom." Let me tell you...my "secret Mom" gives much better gifts than I give to my own "secret Mom." I here do apologize.
The chicken was light but had just enough flavor. It was tender and not over-whelming with seasonings. The risotto, however, was absolutely DELISH. Creamy, yummy, hammy and all good things as such. (it's a bad picture but I'm still learning how to use my new camera)
And now for tonight's dinner, which was the best of all.
Yumm, Yumm, Yumm.
If you are ever struggling to come up with dinner ideas...I strongly suggest you check out MaryEllen's Cooking Creations.
Lauren, Matt and I licked our bowls clean. Tyler not so much. He was told to eat just one bite (simply one bite) of soup and then he could have a snack later on. He opted not to eat the bite.
Of course when it was snack time he said "I just want to eat a bite of soup now." Unfortunately for him, we had to tell him that he had his chance but he made his choice back then. So then the "bad attitude" took over him. When I told Tyler that he couldn't have a snack...he had the nerve to say that, "Mommy needs to go sit on the naughty chair."
hmmm.
I think I'm humbled enough to now ask for some parenting suggestions. What do I do with the bad attitudes?
Anyone?

1 comment:

brian said...

soap in the mouth. its what mom and dad did and it worked for me.