Saturday, January 10, 2009

a bunch of randoms

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
Has anyone seen my little angel depicted below?!



She's been abducted and replaced with a body double who goes by the name BAD ATTITUDE!


She's on the "naughty chair" again because of: talking back, yelling at Mommy and/or Daddy, throwing things, just being a brat. (take your pick)

Hopefully this is just a phase and the naughty chair will tame her wild rebellious side. She must get this from her father because I was absolutely perfect growing up. Right Mom?!!! (there is a right answer!)

While Lauren was at school yesterday Tyler and I hung out at home. I had a bunch of cleaning to do and he had a bunch of "playing with Lauren's toys to do."

Real Boys Play with Littlest Pet Shop
(with a race car parked out front)
"smile Tyler"

and now, let's talk about Chloe...
since we're a little short on cash and trying to cut back on our spending, Matt decided to buy Chloe some generic Kroger brand cat food that cost about 50 cents for a 25 pound bag (give or take.)




here's her bowl after 3 days (she has not eaten one bite.)


finally I broke down and gave the poor cat some seasoning


as you can see she dove right in

but apparently all she did was lick the yummy tuna fish juice off of the nasty cat food
Before you report me to DFACS "Cat Style" be assured that today we picked her up some cheap a** Fancy Feast which she gobbled up like crack.
Yesterday I made some pita bread with the bread machine to compare to the hand-made pitas I've been making. I'm slightly disappointed to say that the bread machine pitas turned out much better than my hand-made ones which I kneaded for no less than 20 minutes straight...and broke out a sweat over. Here are the recipes if you want to try them out for yourselves.

Hey! I never claimed to be a master circle-loaf-roller-out-er!
Today we were busy doing family and home stuff. Matt, as usual, made us our weekend breakfast and then I worked out in the basement while he watched boring car and truck tv shows. (He knows to watch these shows as soon as possible because if given the chance I will delete these off of TIVO simply to give more space to record Nancy Grace and other shows he despises.)
Later in the day we by-passed the kids' naps and did a bunch of shopping. Target, for a grill pan/panini press & cheap a** cat food (as mentioned before,) Dillards, for some new running shoes for me since I ran a hole through my old pair, Walgreens, for some coupon shopping/savings and finally Kroger, for the week's groceries.
Dinner tonight was awesome. Straight up home cookin' awesome. How can you go wrong with meatloaf, buttermilk mashed potatoes and green beans. You should all try this recipe from my Everday Food magazine.
The meatloaf was topped with Williamson Bros. Bar-B-Q Sauce and I recommend y'all go buy yo'self some o' this cuz it's delish.


and finally here's a picture of Matt being a Brat (sort of like his daughter.)
I asked if I could take a picture of him eating his dinner since he obviously was enjoying it proven by the ooohs and ahhhs and grunts in between bites. He told me that it would look "stupid."
and with that I give you my DH Matt.


1 comment:

Claudine said...

Poor Chloe! 25lb bag of cat food...how much food does she eat?

I like the blue plate for your "blue plate meal". Nice touch. Are you taking orders for pita bread yet? It looks yummy.