Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

since my friend Claudine was brave enough to post a Facebook meme on her blog I thought I would step it up too. There just may be some things you don't know about me.

25 random things about me

1. My Mom wanted to name me Christina but my Dad said that sounded too much like a girl’s name.
2. My husband is my best friend.
3. I listen to Dr. Laura everyday (M-F) and agree with a lot of what she says.
4. I watch General Hospital everday (M-F) and have been for about 10 years or so. (Team JaSam!)
5. My daughter weighed 6 lb 1oz when she was born and my son weighed 9 lbs 12 oz. wow!
6. My daughter was born at 36 weeks and spent her first 12 days in the NICU (at Sacred Heart in Eugene.)
7. I love to cook every night and I rarely repeat a recipe.
8. I’m terrified of the horribly disgusting NUTRIA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coypu
If I see one and you are next to me I will jump into your arms.
9. I have read the entire Twilight series and have seen the movie twice (once at the Fabulous Fox Theatre.) http://www.foxtheatre.org/
10. I can say turd in Spanish and Japanese.
11. I didn’t learn to drive a stick-shift until I bought a manual transmission Acura Integra. My boyfriend (now husband) had to drive it off the lot for me.
12. My DH and I were scammed by the policia in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil.) I got to go for a ride in a cop car while Matt withdrew some bribe money from an ATM in a Blockbuster video store.
13. This really isn’t a random about me but about my then boyfriend/now husband. He had some money burning a hole in his pocket and bought a 1969 Cadillac from the want-ads, rented a sawsall, and chopped the top off of it. He bought some long horns off the internet and attached them to the front of his new Cadillac convertible. We entered it into the Function for Junction: Classic Car Cruise-in in Junction City. (I’m sure we gave some die-hard car-collectors a coronary.)
14. I went to high-school with the 2000 Playboy Playmate of the Year. (yes, we were the best of friends. …she was actually jealous of me…yes…it’s true…well no/maybe.)
15. In college I lived down the street from where Steve Prefontaine died in a car accident. They filmed a movie about him while I was living there. I tried to catch a glimpse of Jared Leto but never did.
16. My favorite pizza is Canadian Bacon and Pineapple with jalapenos.
17. My favorite dessert is a good Tiramisu. (it has to be good though)
18. When I was 4, I painted a good part of my parents’ brand new 1980 Volvo Station wagon a light blue with some paint I found in the garage. I believe my parents’ discovery of what I did is my earliest memory.
19. I was voted Class Clown by my high-school senior class. (I always thought it should’ve been best legs though.)
20. I’ve lived in a very liberal part of the US and a very conservative part. I think this has given me a healthy and balanced view on life.
21. I’ve ridden on the back of a 1995 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide from Eugene, OR to Boise, ID and from Eugene to Sacramento, CA. TWICE EACH.
22. When I was in elementary school my husband was in high-school. (doesn’t that sound kind of wrong?)
23. I’m the only one in the South who knows how to pronounce Ponce de Leon. (and No! it is not Pawnz duh LEE-on.)
24. I occasionally faint when I see a Doctor or anything that makes me think of Drs. (notches in my belt: dentist, eye-doctor, ultra-sound technician, phlebotomist and counting.)
25. I’ve sang karaoke with one of Matt’s college chemical engineering professors. Omg.

Feel free to comment with your Random 25.

No comments: