Tuesday, January 27, 2009

sugar cookies

This evening we made sugar cookies. I had Matt occupy Tyler so Lauren and I could measure and mix all the ingredients. While the dough was hardening in the fridge we gave the kids their baths and then it was time to make up the cookies.

While the kids were bathing I put all the cookie cutters out on their little table and then rolled out the dough. When it was time I had each child grab one cookie cutter and come cut out a shape. Tyler cut the first shape and while he put the cutter back and grabbed another one Lauren came and cut out her shape. This back and forth worked tremendously well. I just may make these again.

Tomorrow we'll ice them and decorate them with spinkles and chocolate chips. (maybe I'll even take a picture.)

sorry it's not much of a post tonight, but I need to watch the Bachelor which I tivo'd last night. I hear they go on the set of GENERAL HOSPITAL. The only thing better than a pairing of the Bachelor and General Hospital would be a mix of Dr. Laura and General Hospital. But then again Dr. Laura Would Not Approve of anything the characters of GH do. Oh well. I still love my fantasy land and friends.

No comments: