Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pajama Day

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
It's Pajama Day!!!!
(in the south it is pronounced "Pa JAW ma" Day) Which I must admit is sounding more and more natural than "Pa JAM a Day." What's happening to me and my good old Western roots?

anyway...Hip Hip Hooray!
Lauren put her backpack on 30 minutes before it was time to leave for school this morning. She made sure she didn’t forget it today.

After we dropped her off at school Tyler and I came home to prepare for my Mom's Club monthly meeing. While I prepared, Tyler turned off all the lights in the house. Even those lights which required him to drag out the pantry stool.

When I asked him "what the heck?!* (*no I didn't say heck since we seem to be having a problem with Lauren saying that word. Let's try that again....) When I asked him "What are you doing on the counter?"
He quickly flopped onto the floor in absolute guilt. Although I'm not sure what he did wrong; by the looks of things it was definitely something serious.
After shedding some fake tears it was finally time for us to head out for the Mom's Club Monthly Meeting.
At the meeting Tyler clung to me for the first hour and a half but he finally warmed up during the last 20 minutes before we had to leave to pick up Lauren from school. Once he warmed up, however, he was roaring to go. Him and Matthew (birthday boy from yesterday) were laughing and chasing each other all over the room. There were about four 2-to-3 year-olds all racing around each other. I hated to break up all the fun but we had to pick up Lauren.

For dinner tonight I made "Five Spice Vegetable Noodles & Miso Soup." Here are some of the vegetables from tonight's dinner.
I didn't think this dinner was blog worthy and neither did Matt. I suggested that this cookbook didn't seem that spectacular but Matt made the suggestion (had the nerve to suggest) that I just "didn't know how to make the Asian recipes correctly." Them's fightin' words.
Regardless of what we thought about the meal we both ate a full serving and also the kids' leftovers. After dinner it was smoothy time. Low-fat, low-sugar Strawberry yogurt, fat-free milk and quartered fresh strawberies all blended together into supreme Yummy-Ness. And in good old 'smoothy making anticipation,' the kids covered their ears before the blender ever went off.


Tyler Toilet Training Update: #1
(same as #0)
He refuses to sit/stand/do backflips on the pot. We have overly exaggerated the excitement of a "potty party" but currently, they consist of me dragging a diaperless and crying Tyler to the potty chair; forcing him down onto it and then releasing my hands so he can immediately stand back up. At this point we clap and dance and shout that we had a successful "potty party." Tyler gives hi-Fives all around and I kneel down and pray that he learns to go tinkle in the potty so he can go to pre-school by August.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

An odd word of warning... with Tommy I just threw all the diapers away. It worked great for "tinkle" but pushing him into the other too soon caused tummy trouble and a year of mineral oil. However he ends up training you'll be all done with diapers soon and wondering how they grew up so fast!

g.g. said...

Here is GG just trying to test out the message board on a borrowed computer because mine is on the fritz.