Monday, January 12, 2009

sorry, not much for y'all today

not much but a lot of words that is........

Today was almost a "not quite so typical Monday." I woke up with a start at 7:45 am. Normally I'm up at 7:00 on weekdays. I don't know what happened. We quickly got dressed, ate breakfast (Panda Cereal aka Crispix) and stormed off to drop Lauren off at school by 9am.

Other than that it was a completely normal day. Lauren went to school. We picked her up. We had lunch. The kids took a nap/enjoyed quiet time. I worked out in the basement. I showered and watched my show (General Hospital, duh!) The kids woke up and Lauren came downstairs when she woke up. Tyler, as usual, woke up but waited in his bed until I went upstairs and opened his door to tell him he could come downstairs.

While I made dinner and listened to Dr. Laura, Lauren played with the Air Cargo Airplane.
(Yes, I'm hurting for pictures/topics...deal with it.)
ready for the intial bake
topped with pepperjack, green onions and cilantro, all ready for the second bake

Here is my plate of Black Bean and Carrot Burritos with Cilantro and some carrot sticks and some stark white Granny Smith apple slices. (I'm blind, I'm blind.)

Dinner was delish-us. I especially enjoyed the cripsy flour tortillas which I imagine became crispy from the 2nd oven bake. Make this Y'ALL!

I've recently re-connected with an old friend from out West and come to find out she only lives 2 hours away from me!! Small World! In an e-mail she mentioned a desired trip to IKEA in Atlanta to stock up on playroom furniture for her 21-month-old son. Since I love IKEA and they (as of yet) do not pay me to endorse them (but there's always hope right?!) I thought I would provide some pictures of all the playroom furniture we've bought from them.
IKEA. IKEA. IKEA.
(is that not enough publicity for some freebies? c'mon folks)

Anyway, we turned our formal dining room into a child's paradise. (All of my family, as well as all of Matt's family live out West so we have no need for a formal dining room to entertain them all. We turned our dining room into a playroom that children can only dream about. In the playroom, one side of the wall is decorated with some framed posters, framed artwork and two IKEA book shelves stood upright and holding our million or so children's books.

Another whole wall is dedicated to 2 IKEA stair step storage chests. You would be surprised at how quickly all of these baskets fill up with TOYS!!!!!
And here is the other view of the room. Now we're looking out the front window. But IKEA wise, pay attention to the white and red rug that lays beneath the beaten up train table. That would be IKEA too.

My name is Christine and I have an IKEA addiction.



While I was Photo-Documenting our IKEA expenditures, the kids finally realized the genius behind Horton Hears A Who. They've watched this movie before but after 5 minutes it normally fails to maintain their attention. But today we've reached a new milestone. They both were zombied out in front of the basement TV for the entire movie.



I'm about to go catch up on all my Tivo shows alone since Matt was convinced to go play poker tonight at the neighbor's house. One of my shows is Saturday Night Live. I hope y'all have already seen the digital short of Neil Patrick Harris performing the piano concert. It's BRILLIANT...at least according to my own warped sense of humor. =) I Loved Doogie Howser.

No comments: