Monday, January 5, 2009

My New Kitchen!!

Matt always requests Home Depot gift cards for Christmas, his Birthday and for those times you just want to put a smile on his face. It has been awhile since he's had any extra money to do any home projects and so the day after Christmas he cashed in his Home Depot gift cards and got to work.

Thanks to gift cards from cousin Kyle, Grammy and PaPa and MeMa, he decided to give me a much longed for tiled back splash and pretty much transform and improve the look of my kitchen.

BEFORE
(ignore the loaf of bread and focus on the boring, non-existent, back splash)



IN PROGRESS PICS



jack of all trades, master of ...let's just say jack of all trades and call it good.

modeling for the partial job


I'm still able to bake my "time to try something new" cinnamon rolls.

notice my under cabinet lights, he wired them to a switch so I no longer have to burn my hand trying to turn them off

looking good, ready for grout
Tyler (aka Tile-er) ((ha ha...I'm so not funny...))
helping to mix up the grout


almost finished...just need to clean and seal


AFTER

doesn't it look AMAZING. Some simple tile just adds so much to the kitchen.


GREAT JOB MATT
and many thanks again to Kyle, PaPa and MeMa and Grammy

No comments: