Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"30 Days to a New Me"

Before I talk about my next "30 Days," let me show you some of the bounty bought by Lauren and Tyler with their Christmas Target gift cards. (courtesy of PaPa and MeMa) It was a Thomas party up in the Tar-jay in Peachtree City yesterday. Lauren adamantly picked out a DVD; "Thomas and the Jet Engine" while Tyler brought home a new engine named "Stanley." And as of yet today we aren't quite sick of watching the DVD nor playing and fighting over "Stanley."
Tyler's new thing is being sad..."I'm just sad Mommy." So I asked him to give me his sad look while he's watching the Thomas DVD and seriously, here it is. It's a little Brandon Walsh sad to me...you think?


Dinner last night was the, before mentioned, Saucy Shrimp and Grits with Fried Okra (turned casserole) on the side. Shrimp and grits were just fine on their own but add the okra (which I forgot to dredge in the cornmeal mixture before frying...and decided to add said cornmeal to the oily mess just added too much carbs/thick oily stuff) and it couldn't be fully appreciated.
Here it is anyway with a side of HOME-MADE HUMMUS and HOME-MADE PITA BREAD on the side. I plan to make more pita bread tomorrow so perhaps I'll share with y'all my super duper recipe I found.


And before I dive into my "30 Days to a spectacular ME" let me show you my new towel hangers that go over my cupboards. Pretty snazzy eh? (thanks go out once again to MeMa and PaPa)


Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I made home-made pizza tonight using some home-made pizza dough I had in the freezer. Matt, the former Pizza Hut wizzard, happily rolled the dough into an almost perfect circle for me.


I then added my special tomato sauce (which I made from a bunch of leftovers in the fridge,) and then mozzarella cheese and pepperoni (for the kids;) and Canadian bacon, pineapple and jalapeno peppers for Matt and I.
going into the oven
and out of the oven

It was Super Delish! I was even able to control myself and stick to a single serving but that might be due to the "30 Days to a New Me" program that I am beginning TODAY.
Pastor Ken at our church has written a new booklet titled "30 Days to a New You" (or something like that) and although it isn't published yet he requested a group of people to try it out and provide him with feedback. My community group volunteered and I'm so happy because I'm ready, so ready to become a new me....health and fitness wise anyway. Each day of the next 30 days has a lesson to read and Action Steps to follow along with a Bible verse to draw strength and direction from.
I'm instructed to count calories (which is hard for me but I'm doing okay so far,) drink 64oz of water/day, pray for strength to change, eat 5-6 times per day, do an aerobic or strength training exercise everyday, eat breakfast and get plenty of sleep at night. Doesn't sound so hard, huh?
Today I took my measurements. ...no I won't be sharing them with y'all quite yet... And I kept a food diary and also started my exercise log.
I look forward to updating my progress and being accountible here on this blog.

No comments: