Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Brian aka Uncle Pickle Juice Head

My baby brother Brian turned 23 today. Since I'm still only 25 I don't know why I ever called him my baby brother. hmmm. I hope you have a great birthday Brian and just remember I was 24 years old when I got MARRIED!! (...no pressure I guess...Matt was 28)

There isn't much to say about the past few days. (hard to believe since this goes on and on and on and on and anyway...) I was going to base it on pictures I've taken but for some reason I can't access the computer in the office (which has all of our pictures on it) from my laptop in the living room. Normally I can and Yes Matt, I Be-Booted and Still Can't.

Pictures or not (they were mostly food pics anyway) it's pretty much been middle of the week routine for us. Tuesday, I met with my "30 Days to a New You" group at Kate's house and sadly have only bad news to report...so I won't. You'll have to wait 'til next week. While I was in my meeting Lauren and Tyler played upstairs in Annabelle's and Daniel's rooms. They had a blast and told me of all the toys "A" and "D" had. i.e. Rocket and all the Little Einsteins, Noah's Ark and even Jesus's House (which after talking to Kate we still don't know what they meant by that.)

Wednesday, Tyler played with his friends at playgroup while Lauren was at school. He sat on my lap for only about 5 min. before he found some new age Transformers to play with. These suckers are a lot more complex than the Transformers of my day.

And today I volunteered at church while Lauren was at school. Despite the fact that Tyler repeated over and over that "I just don't want to go there, okaaaaaaay?" all the way to the church, he ended up having a good time playing with his friends and eating snack after snack after snack. (note to self: donate more animal crackers for the pre-school ministry)

Maybe when I get this picture thing resolved I'll give my reviews of my delicious dinners from the past few days.

In the meantime perhaps I should make a confession. I should have been at my community group meeting tonight. The last one I went to was the Christmas Party and I don't want them to think that I only come for the gift exchanges. I had planned to go, I had the diaper bag all ready to go, I had the husband changed into his comfy community group clothes and I Had Thought I started dinner early enough to be finished in time to go. However, although I started my Tomato-Herb Rolls 2 hours before I planned to eat dinner they just took a bit longer on the second rise. We sat down to dinner 15 min. before CG was to start. I made the executive decision (well I am CEO of Everything) that it was more important to spend quality time as a family over dinner than to rush and make it to CG. At dinner we did rejoice and give thanks that the entire flight crew and all passengers survived the plane crash on the Hudson River today.

A note on that. The news about the plane crash cut into General Hospital today and while it was on Lauren woke up from her nap and came down to sit on my lap. She saw the footage and asked me why the plane was in the water. I quickly turned the TV off and told her I didn't know yet. I'm just not ready to talk about real world issues with her. I want to keep her in my own little bubble.

And in my bubble my kids say things like this:

Tyler: Look Mommy, my littlest pet shop is playing the gi-TON. (guitar)
Lauren: No, Tyler it's not a gi-TON it's a ka-TAR (guitar)
Tyler: Ok, I'm just going to play the bang-booms now.
Me to Lauren: Bang Booms?
Lauren to Me: He means the drums.

Me to myself just now: I Love my little bubble.

No comments: