Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekly Menu with links

I thought I'd try something new. I put a lot of effort into my weekly menu planning so I thought I'd share. I actually saw this on another blog but I'm not sure yet how to "subscribe?" to her Menu Plan Monday. See there are more neurotic freaks like me out there!!

Ok...onto the weekly menu:

Sunday: Slow Cooker Pepper Steak with rice
Monday: Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac
Tuesday: leftovers
Wednesday: Poor Mans Stroganoff
Thursday: Noodle Bowl & Biscuits
Friday: Mediterranean Roast Beef Pita & CA BBQ Beans
Saturday: Chicken Cheesesteak w/ Peppers
Sunday:One Pot Pasta (penne pasta, add broccoli florets, toss with crushed garlic, olive oil, zest and juice of a lemon, salt and pepper and lots of parmesan)

2 comments:

Claudine said...

How much time do you spend figuring out this weekly menu? I'm thinking about trying one too. If nothing else it will force me to stick with a list at the grocery store right?

Christine said...

I usually pick out a certain cookbook or current magazine to use for the entire week. If I have any magazines that just arrived I will tend to use recipes from those, i.e. Everday Food since they usually incorporate seasonal produce. And then I make my list Mon-Sun. and start picking recipes and writing down ingredients. I try for a meatless dish every other day much to Matt's dismay. It probably takes me an average of an hour or so to get it all figured out and grocery list complete. And then I search for the coupons.... But this way I only have to hit the grocery store one time a week (except for a milk or bread pit stop) and I don't have much going to waste from not being used.