Saturday, October 11, 2008

start of the weekend in pictures

Update on Powdered Milk:
I mixed it, I let it chill over night in the fridge, I drank a sip and actually threw up a little in my mouth. Until times get much much worse we'll be splurging for the three-dollar-something-gallon of milk.

Friday night we had our monthly Bunco game. While all the ladies were getting together Matt hosted a cook-out for misplaced husbands and children. Here Tyler is explaining about the charcoal and how it's dangerous and we shouldn't touch it. This should link to a video of Tyler here.

And following are some Halloween themed Bunco pictures:

Dana out did herself with her decorations and food table presentaion.

here's the hostest with the mostest

head table
and it wouldn't be a true Bunco party if there weren't some derivative of the electric slide
It was a fun night and the most important part was that I had the most "wins" and went home with a net profit of $10. Yay!!
Today I made up my weekly menu and we did our grocery shopping. And Matt worked in the basement sanding and painting the bathroom.
Dinner:
Pasta with Chicken, Artichokes, Red Bell Pepper, and Goat Cheese (they want to make me pay to see the recipe but if you already have a subscription you could check it out.) It was delicious even though I substituted Feta cheese for the goat cheese.
and for dessert I wanted to use up some canned pumpkin I had so I found these Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies from one of my favorite blogs.

Tyler's quote of the day:
"Mommy, are you done trimming my finger-toes?" (he meant toe nails but I didn't have the heart to correct him. too cute.)

***FAQs***
(I really only had one but thought a FAQ section would make me seem like I'm cool.)
A dear reader of mine asked me "what the heck is vanilla hemp milk?"
Living Harvest Vanilla Hemp Milk is my latest find in attempting to follow the suggestions and fads suggested by the healthy balance blogging community. It's full of healthy thing-a-ma-jiggs, doesn't contain soy and tastes so so sweet. I'm going to go buy some of that Fiber One twig & stick cereal and use vanilla hemp milk with it and I'm sure it will be edible and even yummy.
according to their website Living Harvest Vanilla Hemp Milk contains:

800 mg Omega-3 with SDA
2600 mg of Omega-6 with GLA
All 10 Essential Amino Acids
4 g Digestible Protein
Vitamins A, B12, D, E, Riboflavin & Folic Acid
Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron & Zinc
40% Daily Value of Calcium
Ingredients
Hemp Nut Base (Filtered water, Whole Hemp Nut [Shelled Hemp Seed]), Brown Rice Syrup, Natural Vanilla With Other Natural Flavors, Disodium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12.

No comments: