Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Picture Day then Chick-fil-A

(based on my title)
I'm a poet and although can't get published...I'd like y'all to know it.

Well today was picture day at school. Doesn't she look just beautiful (and older?!) in her new dress?
After school we met friends Isabella and Abigail and respective Moms for lunch at Chick-fil-A. This is our disbanded summer playgroup turned ordinary friends and we are trying to keep in touch every week or so. Anyway...back to lunch at the Chick. Since my kids are on a carb only kick (and by carb only I mean only potato chips and french fries) I opted to only get them chicken strips and 2 chocolate milks. I also brought along snack packs of raisins. And you know what, they didn't notice the lack of fries, except for when dear Abigail, who felt sorry for Tyler, offered him one of hers which he Gobbled down. Yet, despite the lack of "carbs" they ate ALL their food. Wow!! This trend/trick will continue.

After they were done eating, the kids went berserk in our not so private wing of the restaurant. ---dancing, playing hopscotch on the giant tiles in the floor, smashing into the floor some once edible who-knows-whats and a little tackle football too--- They were burning so much energy that we sacrificed the comfort of fellow diners and let the kids run amok. Us Moms all had visions of long afternoon naps. So if you were the guy sitting solo giving us the stink eye or the 2 business dudes trying to talk stats and stocks over your Chargrilled Chicken Club sandwiches then I truly am sorry. But my kids napped from 2pm to 5pm and I happen to believe it was worth it.

In other news, earlier today Tyler and I went to the library for story-time. He, again, had more fun tackling the stuffed toys than listening to the story but I can still call it one-on-one time with him. (how different he is than Lauren who would sit quietly sucking in every word the story-teller was reading.) We also checked out a few new books and I finally got the hang of the self service book check-out...after a nice lady who works there (got tired of hearing me curse under my breath) showed me exactly where the scanner really was. I was swiping my books about 2 feet away and wondering why it wasn't reading them.

And yesterday or maybe the day before...Matt Finished The Basement Bathroom. The sink and the toilet are working!!Although this is just a rough finish (the shower is not complete and there are no light fixtures or other accessories installed) we will still consider it finished and it should last us a good year or two...or at least until we are able to save some more money to finish it. This about wiped us dry...what with the 2 toilets Matt busted before finally getting the 3rd installed (but that's a different story...[e-mail me])
But at least it's usable and the poker guys have another option than out my back door.

Matt got to try out the bathroom during the Monday night poker game...which he won...thank goodness. The group consensus was "man, that's White!" ...so maybe we'll add some color to the room...someday.

Today Matt got called out of town on business again. At least his office is busy. Hopefully this will keep his job secure and business will pick up soon. He should be home within a day or two.

And now a dinner menu update...
So far I've made the Slow Cooker Pepper Steak and the Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac from my weekly menu which were both DeLiCiOuS!! Tonight we just had left-overs and we probably will one more time this week...because I have so much food in the fridge right now.

And to close...
here's a new Lauren-ism:

"Is this book called Peep and the Three Bears?" This was a split question between Little Bo Peep and Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. The correct answer was: Goldilocks and the Three Bears (checked out today from our library.)

1 comment:

Claudine said...

No nap for us yesterday-lucky you!