Monday, October 6, 2008

she's a little sensitive

Even though Tyler begged me, "Noooo, don't go get Lauren, Mommy, okaaaay?!" We still went to pick her up after school. In the car-pool line I hung her LAUREN name tag from my rear-view mirror and crept up in the slow and delayed stay at home mom manner. One after another, the kids were led into their PTC golf carts, various minivans and even a few gas guzzling SUVs (like our own.) Finally, the teacher led Lauren up to our car and then walked her right passed and tried to hand her off to the car behind me. I thought this was sort of funny...since the car behind me displayed the name "Adrielle" but Lauren didn't think it so funny. In fact, she burst out in terrified tears and could hardly contain herself as the teacher led her back to my car and apologized profusely.

We had to have another talk about why we don't cry in the 4-year-old classroom but we also came up with some witty responses if this situation ever were to happen again. Such as..."My Name is Lauren, Can't you Read?!" no just kidding... Next time we'll just say..."Hey that's not my lame mini-van, my car is that big red one which is obviously using more of the earth's resources than any car should". Either way...we don't need to cry because although they may lead her to the wrong car there's no way they will put her in it.

And that concludes the "just barely interesting" and yet, most interesting part of our day.



Here are a couple of pics from bedtime story time:


And if you're interested...I made the Chicken Cacciatore w/ Polenta from the latest Everyday Food magazine for dinner tonight. It was good although Matt said he would have preferred chicken breast to chicken thighs. Me too I suppose, but darnit, chicken thighs are a heck of a lot cheaper. Oh well.

Enjoy your Monday y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cobra Amarela!!! How are you doing? I've been reading your blog... it's good to hear from you and also practice english... I learn new expressions everytime I read it!! I guess I'll start a blog and then you can learn some portuguese as well. See ya!!! Mariana.