Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away, Come Again Another Day

We got our first rain in over a month today and although we really needed it I don't need to like it. Maybe it was the rain or maybe it was my shrinking jeans but I dragged my flabby bum down to the basement and did a 2 mile jog on the treadmill. I watched the Daily Show while working out so I burned a few extra calories from laughing so hard. He's my hero and between his show and Stephen Colbert's show I don't really need to get my news from any other source.

After school and after a quick lunch at home we headed out to our new Wednesday playgroup. We originally planned to meet at the same park we were at last week but due to the inclimate weather we had to change our plans. Instead we went to Jumping Jelly Beans to bounce, run and play for a couple of hours. Lauren, Tyler and Sebastian played together and for the most part neither I nor the other "Miss Christine" had to do much to help out. Even on the gigantic slide, all three kids were able to climb up to the top and slide down on their own. There were a lot of laughs and screams of joy as the kids flew down the slide. After an hour and a half my two kids quickly wound down. Tyler kept rubbing his eyes and face and Lauren actually laid down in the middle of the bouncy palace and sucked her thumb. It was time to get our shoes on and head back home for a quick nap.

At 5pm and after an hour and a half nap, I woke Tyler up. Groggily he went downstairs and I opened Lauren's bedroom door to help her wake up. She was completely out so I just left her door opened. When I went back upstairs 15 min. later I found her sleeping in Tyler's bed. ***a.k.a. her old bed*** Later when I asked her why she laid down in Tyler's room she said she didn't. She had no memory of it.

Here they are after waking up a little more. I was able to snap the picture during their natural laughs and smiles.




Dinner was leftovers and then I headed out to my ladies Impact Group (basically a Bible study group) and Matt did the bedtime routine with the kids. He said it went fine and even gave them baths all on his own. He's such a good Daddy but I didn't need to tell y'all that.

No comments: