Thursday, October 30, 2008

Atlanta Thrashers

On Tuesday, the company who owns the building that Matt's company, Harris Group, leases had an available suite and tickets to the HOCKEY game. The Atlanta Thrashers got thrashed by somebody, I don't really know who they were...they were wearing ice-skates is all I know. In all honesty, I know nothing about Hockey but I really don't care. I'll go see anything live. Even the Jonas Brothers if the opportunity came up. And when a free dinner is thrown in...I'm there for sure.

So Tuesday, the kids and I loaded up and we drove into Atlanta during rush hour. Luckily the rush hour traffic was going the opposite way as us but that still didn't alleviate my anxiety. I'm a very anxious person in any sort of traffic. Especially the sort of traffic that goes with a metro area of over 5 million. Luckily we survived and we arrived at Philips Arena unscathed. The kids toted along their backpacks full of entertaining toys and we all trekked down to our courtside SUITE and FRONT ROW seats. (man if only we were watching a Kenny Chesney concert or the Hawks play basketball!) Regardless, it was a blast. The kids enjoyed themselves and Behaved and weren't too much worse for wear having to go to bed at 10 o'clock that night.
watching the game with Daddy
Matt and Christine
Me pinching some Hockey players TUSH

Lauren put on her princess outfit once again for her school Halloween/Fall Festival party today. It started with a hay ride which a grumpy (and sleepy) Tyler got to go on too. After the hay ride we went upstairs to the PE room and played some games and Lauren won some prizes. We were short on volunteers so I happily stepped in to run the hop-scotch game. Lauren did great and has matured so much since last year. She didn't cling to me but was more interested in her friends and getting prizes than in what I was doing. Yay for Lauren. Here are some pictures from the party today....

Lauren is standing...2nd from the right

some miniature golf

I thought this picture was pretty cool because Tyler is showing me his smile when when I asked for one. Not quite natural but I'll take it!

And that was pretty much our day. I have some shows to catch up on and then I'm off to bed.

No comments: