Saturday, October 25, 2008

do you really need to spend that much money on your hair?

Here are some cute pictures to draw you in:

Tyler's new watch...

It's really cool...almost as cool as those calculator watches from back in the day.


When your watch is This cool you must keep your arm and said watch elevated at all times.



Ok...enough with the cute-sy stuff. On to Matt's passion and my pet peeve:
BUDGETS
Since Matt has 10% more free time during the work week (remember previous posting about a pay cut?) He spent a good part of Friday in Quicken doing up a current pie chart of where all our money goes and then came up with a new budget so we can stay out of the red every month.
For those of you who don't know Matt, he is The Most Anal Person In The World. Every receipt is broken down. i.e. groceries, diapers, bath and beauty, home supplies, gifts given etc. etc. etc. He even goes back and itemizes where the money went from ATM withdrawals.
Well after the budget was complete some things were easily cut out from our lives:
so long weekly poker game of Matt's
so long YMCA membership
so long Chem Lawn http://www.trugreen.com/ (this $60 a month service keeps the weeds out of our acre or so of grass)
so long 529 plans for the kids...we will now depend on the GA Hope scholarship to educate our youngins
and then we came to the sticky subjects:
grocery bill
Matt, "I seriously think we need to cut back on our groceries. We really don't need to eat feta and goat cheese."
Me [sarcastically,] "fine, I'll just use Velveeta on everything." (here in the south Velveeta is used on everything...it's a delicacy.)
bath and beauty
(this includes all make-up, shampoos, lotions, serums, potions, manis, pedis, salon visits ...basically where I make the most expenditures...well next to groceries.)
Matt, "Do you seriously need to spend $150 on your hair every 7 weeks?"
Me, "Yes...did you forget my natural hair color is closer to black?"
Matt, "Do you seriously need to spend $150 on your hair every 7 weeks?"
Me, "Brown hair makes me look fat."
I always end/win all arguments with a convincing zinger.
So at my next hair appointment. I'll probably start adding in more brown and less high-lights. If I'm going to go back to my natural color it will have to be a gradual process.
Basically, we have a new budget that has zero allowance for anything fun...including baby-sitters. So If you want to sponsor our family send me an e-mail. Your donation of less than a bottle of King Estate Pinot Noir per day will make a huge difference in our lives. You will also receive personal letters, pictures and updates showing how your money is put to very entertaining uses from your sponsored family.
I suppose I'll have to cut out the semi-monthly Botox injections too.




No comments: