Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mommy, I want something else.

This actually sounds very pathetic and whiny...so make sure you read it correctly.

Mommeeeeee, I wannn sumtheeeeen elllllsssse.

I hear this about 10 times a day from Tyler. It simply means he is bored or he wants to do something but wants me to suggest it. It's pretty cute...annoyingly cute but cute none-the-less.

He's also picked up a stutter within the past couple of days. It just seems his mouth is struggling to spit out what his brain is wanting to say. He'll repeat a word over and over or just the first part of it before getting it out. Don't worry, I've already scoured the internet looking up this issue and it appears to be perfectly normal for a 2-3 year old. He has started talking so much more within the past few months...it's quite amazing.

At school today Lauren's class had a visit from a police officer. They got to see the police officer's car, hear the siren and also see a police 4-wheeler "with lights on it." (in true Peachtree City golf cart fashion, the police also patrol the golf cart paths on 4-wheelers.) I asked her if the police officer was a boy or a girl. She laughed and said, "silly Mommy, you know all police officers are boys." So we got to chat that women can also be police officers and when she grows up she can be anything she wants to be.

And while I'm waiting for the presidential debate to come on tv let's chat about the economy. We're starting to get a little worried here. We track our brokerage accounts and stocks in Quicken and have been watching them plummet for the last week or so. We have our safety net (3-6 months of salary saved in an easily accessible account) but we would really love to not have to use it. I'm starting to look for ways to save money where I can. How are all of y'all dealing with the poor economy. Any suggestions on how to save money?

OK, now go watch the debate, get educated and VOTE. 4 weeks to go.

(and to Mariana, you might not be able to watch the US presidential debate in Brasil but go ahead and start up that blog so I can hear more about your life. I'm sure I'll pick up portuguese no problem.) =)

2 comments:

Steve and Tammy said...

Okay at football practice I was admitting what a horrible wife and mother I was because my family keeps getting chili nachos or fish sticks and mac and cheese for dinner. You always have the coolest stuff on here for your dinners. I would mess up the fancy stuff but it has inspired me to try harder. The least I can do is make spaghetti or meatloaf or sweet and sour chicken! I will be a better mom and wife thanks to your inspiration!! Love you all!!

Claudine said...

Oprah's show today is supposed to be about saving money/being thrify. I'll be watching for sure.

I know what you mean about the money disappearing. It's really scary and it seems like it will be getting worse.

At least we have gas now.