Thursday, October 9, 2008

should I be freaking out? are you?!

Well, as history is currently writing itself it's just not looking good folks. I mean c'mon a loss of 600 more points today?! What are y'all thinking selling in these times. Oh well, at least we're continuing to buy these dirt cheap stocks and hopefully we'll be able to realize a gain in 10 years or so. But in the mean time, I'm all about frugal living and figuring out where I can save a buck or two. My glass of wine at dinner is out the door as of now ...but my membership to Netflix...not quite yet. I did make up some powdered milk today but Matt vetoed that saying he had bad memories of a childhood friend having to drink that stuff. He said he vowed (at the age of 8) to NeVeR drink powdered milk again. We'll see what he says when the Dow drops another 600 pts.

I tried to get video today of Tyler's stutter. He was having trouble getting his words out right up until the time I started recording. Then he just talked normal and I didn't like the sound of my voice so unless you come to visit me you'll never see/hear that video. =)

For dinner I made my Everyday Food magazine's recipe of Emeril's Seafood Mac-n-Cheese.
With all the whole milk, cheese and pasta, it's not the best For you but it sure tastes good. It made enough for Matt and the kids to have for dinner tomorrow since I will be next door at the monthly Bunco game. Dana's hosting for the first time. (she took the last 4 days off from work to prepare!! So if you remember when I freaked out about my turn to host, now you know I'm not alone.)

And to close here's Chloe desperately trying to get some attention and ultimately the greatest reward of all....Wet Cat Food.

2 comments:

Claudine said...

Kroger has a "two-buck chuck" wine...I can't remember what it's called but it is just like the Trader Joe's wine. In stressful times like these, the glass of wine at dinner should be the last thing to go. :-) Happy Friday!

Claudine said...

what the heck is vanilla hemp milk? just wondering...