Friday, August 29, 2008

long week coming to an end

Matt's flight just landed at the Hartsfield Jackson airport (Atlanta's airport) a few minutes ago. I was able to keep track of his flight via FlyteComm. He's been in Portland, OR since last Sunday and I am so ready for him to be home. It seems like we haven't really hung out together in a long long time...due to work, projects and Big Brother episodes. The kids are very anxious to see him too. Lauren gave me a long list of things to tell him when I see him tonight. One of which is that she put her socks on all by herself today. (and believe me That is a Big Deal.) I asked Mr. Buddy if he wouldn't mind picking him up for me so I could put the kids to bed. He (as usual) was more than happy to pick him up for me. I even offered to pay him a hundred thousand dollars and he even declined that measly offering. I've said it before but I'm so grateful for my neighbors here.

Yesterday was a busy Thursday. T and I dropped Lauren off at school and then headed off to the monthly Mom's Club meeting. Tyler hung out in the kiddie section while I listened to a guest speaker talk about everything and anything there is to know about make-up, facials and all that stuff I don't pay much attention to. My main question for him (yes, him) was if there is a real difference between high end make-up brands and the brands you can get at the grocery store. He said an emphatic NO (just read the ingredients and if you can't prounounce the first 3 then it shouldn't go on your face.) Which I'm sure Matt will be very happy to hear...as he's only hearing the ka-ching of money he will save when I buy cheaper make-up. After the meeting, the group who was taking care of the kids said Tyler was the easiest and most adorable of the group. Mama was so proud.

After we picked up Lauren and were home having lunch, Tyler had the nerve to tell me he was going tee tee. I asked if he wanted to go sit on the big boy potty and he said “no, I alreatty did it in my panz.” He’s so ready…a little bit more each day. Maybe I’ll be patient and as my mom suggests...let him train himself.

Here Lauren is posing with her Talent Show audience. She loves to perform talent shows in the living room that always start with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boy and Girls...." This particular show had a large audience.



Thursday night was a HUGE Big Brother night. We had a double eviction. (Yes, I say we...I'm that "involved" [read: addicted]) Here I am watching Big Brother, while reading & watching via the BB Dish Blog, while soaking my fake nails off in acetone. Go Keesha! yet Dan has played the best game.
Today, Friday, I decided to go back to the Y after taking 2 days off to mend my achy muscles. I could finally move about a little bit although the thought of another lunge or squat may still send me over the edge. I took a class titled "Agility Drills." Although the name is a little scary I Had No Idea. This was basically an Army boot camp class. It hurt like HEaven onLLy knows. But I felt Awesome afterwards. I'm sure I lost 50 pounds just by taking that class. To celebrate I had a double serving of dinner.
Which leads me to... ....dinner. Matt picked up a bunch of Florida brochures about Florida produce during a work trip down there. Tonight I tried the brochure on Cucumbers. I made a Cucumber Salad with Spicy Grilled Chicken (via the George Foreman) and also the cucumber melon sorbet. You can find the recipes HERE, towards the bottom.
While we were finishing up dinner the door bell rang. This was Joshua, the 6 year old from across the street. For the 3rd day in a row he came by to ask if Lauren and Tyler could play. Not wanting to turn him away Again, I let him in. Although he's older, both L and T had a blast playing with him. After an hour his mom called him home and the kids and I sauntered over to Mr. Buddy's house to hang out for a bit. The kids are always up for playing with someone else's toys. Shep and Emma were preoccupied with Zoey 101 on the Disney Channel but that didn't stop my kids from playing with their "way cooler than their own" toys. I had a chance to talk to Buddy and Dana and we set up a tentative BBQ for tomorrow night. We're both home and laying low over the long Labor Day weekend.
And to close, I'll share an e-mailed link Mr. Buddy sent me yesterday regarding BBQs. It's pretty funny and slightly informative. The BBQ Song.
Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: