Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I hate suburban traffic

I'm not one of those dainty ladies who perspire. I've never perspired a day in my life...I down right sweat and it's very very gross. I just finished mopping the hard wood floors and I'm exhausted and soaking wet. I don't understand people who take up all their carpets to expose their hardwood floors. Sure they look nice but unless you have a housekeeper (bless their hearts) they just aren't worth it. Ok, I'm done complaining (about that anyway.)

Insert cute picture of Tyler making a "tunnel" with his toast. So much for not playing with his food. At least he's eating a little bit of it.

Ok...now back to complaining. This time it's TRAFFIC. We moved to the south side of Atlanta and clear out in the burbs to avoid massive traffic. But the past 2 days have been bumper to bumper traffic for both Matt and I. The commute to Lauren's school was stop and go the whole time. And what was the cause? NOTHING. Well apparentally the timing is off on the traffic lights at one of the major intersections. At least today (after I sat through the 30 min. traffic to go 7 miles) they brought in a couple of police officers to direct the traffic while disregarding the offset traffic lights. Hopefully this is fixed by tomorrow. And yesterday, poor Matt woke up at 5am to get a head start on the drive to work but come to find out there was an overturned car on the interstate and all lanes were closed and all secondary streets were filled with bumper to bumper traffic. He ended returning home to work from there for half the day until the accident was cleared up. And today he made a day trip for work and on the way home it took him 5 hours to make the 2 hour drive. All due to traffic. I hate suburban traffic despite the fact that me and my huge gas guzzling SUV are a partial contributer.

Insert cute info about Lauren's 2nd day of school. Today when I picked her up I asked her 3 questions. 1) What was your favorite thing about today? "cupcakes" one of her classmates had a birthday and they got to celebrate. 2) Least favorite thing? "not being able to match the teddybears" I didn't get much more info about this but I just told her to keep practicing and she will get better at matching. 3)What is one thing you learned today? They learned about the date, season, and weather. She said it was a sunshine and summer. When I picked her up her teacher brought her to the car and told me she had a good day. I did get a chance to watch her on the playground and noticed that she was being hugged and cuddled by one of her teachers. I'm glad she's making a connection with her teacher but I really want her to go out and play with her classmates. It's only day two so am not really worried. I'm very proud of her and she's very proud of herself for being a big pre-schooler.

Back home we played Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders until it was time for a nap/quiet time. At 3pm I went downstairs in the basement to watch my soap and walk on the treadmill. Just as the show was getting over both Lauren and Tyler came downstairs to say hi to me. This was the first time Tyler came out of his room after he woke up from his nap all by himself. I'm not sure if I'm ready for this new development. But it is probably inevitable.

For dinner I made Spinach and Mushroom Risotto from one of the blogs I read daily. This was very delicious and very rich. I added 2 T. butter to the spinach saute and also a lot of seasoning to the onions and spinach. Lauren ate a couple bites but Tyler didn't really touch his. He instead ate his banana and 2 cups of milk. He still looks pretty husky to me so I'm not too worried about his picky eating. At least most of it is healthy.


And that about wraps up my day. I was going to prepare for a weekend garage sale but I just don't feel like I have enough time to get everything ready. There is a neighborhood wide garage sale coming up next month so I think I will just wait for that. Plus the remnants of tropical storm Fay may be causing some unpleasant weather in our area over the weekend.

Enjoy your evening.

No comments: