Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No Thank You! It's Not Fair!

It’s been a year since my Dad died. 366 days without him (it was a leap year.) I miss him so much. It was a pretty uneventful day yesterday despite the significance. I guess I was expecting rain, storms, a spooky feeling but, as I knew it would be but was hoping it wouldn’t be….it was just an ordinary day. Doesn’t seem right.

The past couple of days have been full of laundry, organizing, and getting situated from vacation. There’s also been a lot of fighting, back talking and naughty chair sitting (among all the good things.)

Tyler’s current bad attitude/catch phrase:
“No Thank You!”
He says this no matter what the question is. It doesn’t sound as polite as it looks when typed in a blog. It is said with venom. He might as well be telling me he Hates me or something.

Lauren’s current bad attitude/catch phrase:
“It’s Not Fair!”
I have leaned that apparently Nothing is fair.

Enjoy your evening and hopefully I’ll get some more ammo for a more interesting posting tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Christine! I know exactly how you are feeling. I miss my Dad a lot still. It really hits me on holidays and sometimes when I look at my girls.
Rylee says the "no thank you" too but her's is still nice. Her attitude catch phrase goes back and forth between "No!" and " I don't want to". Oh yeah and screaming. Piper has now moved into the "I don't like you!" and "I wish I could just run away!" attitude section of life. All I can say is that I hope that it gets better for the both of us. Take care :-)
Leslie