Sunday, August 24, 2008

no nap today

These Uber-tired kids by-passed a nap today to be able to hang out with Daddy for a little bit longer. He has a couple of conferences next week in Portland, OR. How jealous am I that he gets to go home to Portland and I have to stay here. However, not only does Lauren have school all next week but we just don't have the money to buy plane tickets for the rest of us to go. So we'll make the best of it and try to have a great week regardless.

Before we took Matt to the airport, I made a Lupper (Lunch + Supper) for us all to enjoy. This is the final installment my first Blog Menu Week. Today's meal was from my fellow Atlantan... Good Thymes & Good Food. I made her Tortellini and Sausage Salad and it was DELISH. I will definitely make this again and again. If you so happen to like to try it...I highly recommend it. You can find it here.

I would have have taken a better picture but I didn't think of it until I was putting away the left-overs. We'll have lunches for a few days now.

Since we passed up the daily nap, I had the kids in bed by 7:30 to ensure Lauren was well rested for school in the morning. But...wouldn't you know it that tropcial storm FAYE decided to have her fury out over GA right then. Right after I tucked the kids into bed a massive thunderstorm came down right over us. I was looking out the back window and swore I saw the ENTIRE back Forest light up from lightning. I'm pretty sure at least one of the trees back there got struck. I called Mr. Buddy right away and he assured me that if indeed one of the trees did get hit from lightening then I still have 6 months or so before it will die completely and topple over and hit the house. I'm a bit reassured but even better news is that neither of the kids woke up (or at least cried out anyway.)

Now the storm is long gone and I'm trying to get caught up with today's Big Brother episode. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and I'll chat with y'all tomorrah.

No comments: