Monday, August 11, 2008

pink sandals and pools

*enjoy the pics while I work on an updated post...after my GH workout...possibly after dinner too. and maybe even the next day.
okay, I'm devoted to completing this post. The longer I go between posts the more daunting it seems to actually do it.
Tyler is having some confusion. He thinks Lauren is totally cool and wants to be just like her and do everything she does. If she plays with a toy then he wants it, if she then plays with another toy he no longer wants the old toy but wants her new toy.
He likes to wear her old pink crocs. He even threw a FIT in the Shoe Mart when I bought Lauren a new pair of purple sandals and refused to buy him his own pair of purple sandals. Tyler, very loudly: "I don't like these shoes" He throws off his fairly new Cars sandals and grabs for Lauren's purple sandals. He cries, he screams, a few employees come to make sure I'm not beating him and they think I'm so mean to deprive this poor boy of purple sandals. Somehow we paid and left before the cops were called...Tyler was barefoot, his shoes were in the diaper bag.
proudly sporting some pink crocs

occasionally he lets his true boyness come through.
*notice the blue chair, baseball glove and ball shirt and the big monster truck.
(no this was not staged)


This may be why he thinks girls and girl stuff are so cool. These are his friends.
left to right
Tyler, Lauren, short girl and tall girl

On Friday we had playgroup back at Miss Claudine's house...with the pool. The kids had a good time and we did another potluck lunch.


Barbies like to swim too

So when I ask them to all look at the camera and smile they don't do it but when I tell them to put their heads down for a picture, they do that. what gives?

regardless, it looked like a nice ad for skin cancer.

Friday night I had my monthly Bunco game. This time I was a big $15 winner with the most Buncos. OH yeah...I'm cool. I also got to catch up on the neighborhood gossip.

This weekend Matt was busy with the basement bathroom. His plumbing was a success and we now have water down there. It just took one change of clothes (there was a small leak at first) and 3-5 trips to Home Depot (I lost count, could check Quicken but don't feel like it.)

On Sunday, in exchange for mowing Miss Maria's lawn she offered to watch Lauren and Tyler while Matt and I went to dinner and a movie. I thought this was a great trade...especially since I wasn't the one who mowed the lawn in the hot humid sun. We ate at Carrabbas since the little bistro I wanted to go to was closed. Matt chose the movie Pineapple Express. I think it's partly because I'm getting older and mostly because the movie was just dumb....I didn't much care for it. There's an art to these stoner movies and this just didn't have it. But it was fun, none the less, to go on a date with my hubby.

Yesterday was our Shoe Mart fiasco. When we got home I took the kids swimming in our neighborhood pool to tire them out.

It worked and back home they napped for 3 1/2 hours. I woke them up around 5:30pm.

For dinner we had Dana and the kids over. I made Mexican Chicken Soup, rice with aji salsa, and Dana made chicken & cheese quesadillas. Everything was delicious. I definitely mastered the aji salsa this time. I sauteed the jalapenos and seasoned the sh** out of them. It was hotter than snot. If there was any salmonella in the jalapenos then it went up in flames. I was dripping sweat while eating it...it was that! good.

I love having Dana over because she washed all the dishes and I just dried. After the kids went to bed last night and while Matt played poker in the basement I went to Dana's house to watch Over Her Dead Body. This had its funny parts and (I thought it) was better than Pineapple Express but I'm really hoping to see a really, really good movie. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

brian said...

go on another date and see Tropic Thunder. its out tomorrow. i bet it'll be hilarious.

Christine said...

we have a friend staying with us tonight who also mentioned that movie. We'll definitely make another date (hopefully this weekend) and see Tropic Thunder. Thanks for the suggestion. As a side note...you better get over here and visit your favorite nephew pretty quick...he needs some manly advice after those pink shoes....get my drift?! =)