Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Potty Training


Potty training 1
Originally uploaded by abstractmind31

Tyler is showing a sign of "readiness to potty train." As soon as he goes "poo poo eewww" he demands to be changed.

"Mommy, git up. Mommy, git up and chain my diaperrr."

But when I ask him if he wants to sit on the Big Boy Potty he immediately replies "NOOOO."

Today I went out and bought about 400 Cars stickers so when he makes an attempt and sits on the potty he will get a sticker for his potty chart and a Mickey Mouse stamp on his hand. (We did this for Lauren when she was potty training.) The only problem is I don't know what to do next.

Do I have him sit down on the potty? facing front or back? Or, do I have him stand up? in front of the little potty? or with a stool in front of the big potty? If I have him stand up will he be confused when he needs to do his dirty business? Oy vey. I'm trying to think of ease and quickness of learning PLUS which ever way will yield the LEAST mess.

I Need Help. I asked Matt and he says he was potty trained at birth and is of absolutely no help. Out of all (both) of you readers, please comment and give me some advice on the best way to potty train a BOY.

1 comment:

Claudine said...

I don't know but definitely don't stick him in the toilet like that. Miss seeing you guys!