Monday, August 4, 2008

BB King & Willie Nelson at the Chastain

This was the coolest concert...not just performers but celebrity watching too. Buddy called us up in the afternoon and said to get a baby-sitter because his cousin got us all a front row table for this concert. By front row I mean front row. I was right next to the stage and close enough to go tackle BB King & Willie before security could get me.

We were grooving to BB King when Buddy told me that Jimmy Carter was sitting 2 tables over. At first I didn't believe him but when the former Mr. President (and his wife, brother, headset wearing secret service agents et. al.) walked right by me on the way to the bathroom....I quickly became a believer. He even got up and played a little harmonica with Willie Nelson. It was such an awesome concert. I took some photos myself but found this site on the internet which has much much better pics. Check it out here.

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?sr=1&igi=327123&s=Jimmy

If you look closely at this picture (#15930890) you can see me in the top left corner sitting right in front of Matt and behind the camera guy in front of the stage. Whoo hoo my internet debut has been made.

We also saw Ted Turner there but his table wasn't as good as ours so we didn't pay much attention to him. =)

No comments: