Sunday, July 27, 2008

show me the money!

Yesterday was a busy day but I was too preoccupied with Snot to get a grip and post about it.

Matt, getting over his Snotty handicap, got up at the butt-crack of dawn (4am) and went fishing with our neighbor across the street. Mr. Nelson, said neighbor, who I believe (but very well could be wrong) owns Japan or something gets to go fishing in these fishing tournaments whenever he wants. He does this often and he was gracious? enough to extend the invitation to my husband. I told Matt that there was nothing going on during the day today but he needed to be home by 3pm to help me retrieve all the clothing, toys and furniture that didn’t sell in the consignment sale.

Matt left the house while I was enjoying some REM sleep. The kids and I slept in until 7am sharp and then had a relaxing and productive day. They watched a heck of a bunch of TV and I read my favorite blogs, did an extended work-out, showered, ran 3 loads of laundry (before the washer broke…but that’s another story) and got lunch and dinner ready to go. At 3:30 I called Matt to see what his time schedule was (this was a trick question because he was supposed to be home 30 minutes ago!) He was just getting off of the boat….at the lake…West Point for all y’all wonderin’…which is 60 minutes away from the house. I immediately wrote his name on the chalk board and added a check mark just because.

After washing the chalk dust off my hands I woke the kids up from their slumber (nap) and forced them into the car to accompany me to the consignment sale to pick up my leftover garbage. I left them to munch on PB and honey sandwiches in a corner while I hoarded up my loot. To my amazement, it appears that a bunch of the crap sold. I’m actually excited to see how much money I made at the sale…and a little worried that I just may have to declare it on my taxes next year. Yeah, y’all….I’m hoping to have sold THAT much stuff.

Back home…I got the kids ready for bed…clean up, snack, pjs, teeth brushed--umm, oops, 3 bed time stories…all the while Matt fixed the washer which decided to stop working mid-cycle and pre-drain. Secretly I was hoping he wouldn’t be able to fix it because I would love one of those new age styles you see on all the GE and Home Depot commercials. But no such luck…since I married a Genius….he had it going in a matter of minutes.

And that, plus the enticing and tantalizing movie, “One Missed Call” check it out here: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0479968/ pretty much sums up our Saturday.

No comments: