Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bugaboo Creek


On Tuesday evenings Bugaboo Creek lets the kids eat free. Since a BBQ dinner party fell through this week I was left without a weeknight meal. So, of course, we had to eat out. The kids enjoyed posing in front of the big moose stationed outside the restaurant. Inside the restaurant, I ate way too much as did everyone and it wasn't even that good but at least we had a few dollars knocked off the bill because "kids eat free." According to Matt we still paid "way too much." Oh well....we'll be eating home cooked meals for the next 5 days.

Our meal yesterday was absolutely delicious. I made Enchiladas Verdes from my Cooks Illustrated magazine. The verde sauce was made from scratch from poblano chilis and tomatillos. I'd post a link to the recipe but apparently Cooks Illustrated requires a paid internet subscription in order to give one access to the internet recipes. So if you are truly interested (and according to the number of comments I get.......nunya are...but anyway....) I'll send you a hard copy of the recipe. Along with the enchiladas, I made Mili's aji salsa and garlic rice. I still haven't mastered the aji salsa so next time will either add seasoning to the salsa or will cook my rice in chicken broth to give more flavor. I will conquer it though...mark my words.

Since Buddy was out of town and Matt was out to dinner with one of his bosses; Dana enjoyed dinner with us. She raved about the meal which made me feel great. Hey... it doesn't take much people.

My back had been bothering me all day long. I'm not sure why it gets sore but it seems to happen every 4 months or so. It's pretty much a grin and bear it recovery since nothing else seems to work. Nothing seemed to work last night and I was in so much pain that when Matt got home from his working dinner I gave him a hug and walked out the door. I went immediately to Dana's house to relax and watch a movie. (of course I told Matt what I was doing beforehand...c'mon peeps) She had rented The Eye. Which was right up our alley of cheesy scary movies. This one starred Jessica Alba and so was a plus since most of our cheesy scary movies star celebrities no one has heard of.

To help my back, Dana told me to alternate Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours. I'm happy to say it seems to help. Of course, we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Matt is now telling me it's time to go to bed. Since Big Brother is over I suppose I'll agree with him. g'night y'all.

No comments: