Monday, July 14, 2008

time flies by

I'm not sure if time goes faster on the east coast but the past 3 days have just flown by. Here's a quick recap:

We got home Saturday afternoon and had nothing in the fridge so we went out to dinner with the Hancocks and the Corbitts. We ate at la Parrilla and I had the enchilada dish which was delicious. I washed it down with a couple of margaritas. It was a fun evening and I was happy to go out to eat since I didn't feel like being creative to find something to make with an empty fridge and pantry.

Sunday, Matt mowed Ms. Maria's lawn and I made up the weekly menu and grocery list. Matt dropped me off at the grocery store and he and the kids went to Home Depot to pick up a couple of attic fans since ours had rusted up thanks to this muggy climate.

Back home I hurried to put the groceries away and then it was off to Lea's 3rd birthday party. She is Frederick and Maria's daughter and lives 2 houses down from us. It was a fun birthday party with snacks, pasta salad, pizza and homemade sangria. There was also the obligatory birthday cake and ice-cream. Lea's parents went all out and even made up t-shirts for all the guests. Lauren and Tyler have pretty much lived in theirs since they got them. They wore them to bed and then each insisted on wearing them today.

Here are picture from a few minutes ago of them playing in the sandbox with their t-shirts. Later tonight Matt is hosting the Monday night poker game and we are going to have Lauren's friend Tera (Mike's daughter) spend the night since Mike needs me to watch her early in the morning. This will be Lauren's first slumber party and she's really looking forward to it.

Well the kids are starting to act up and Matt is off mowing Mike W's lawn for some poker money so I better stop ignoring them and find something for them to do.

No comments: