Monday, July 21, 2008

pools and projects

It's been almost a whole week since I've posted last!! I can't believe how fast time is going these days.

Let's see...this week was full of pools and projects. On Friday we had our playdate at Miss Claudine's new house...which is equipped with a built in salt water pool. My kids were more excited to play with the toys inside so I got to enjoy some pool time without having to stay within arms reach of the kiddos.

On Saturday, Buddy and Dana made us dinner in return for watching their dog Belle last week while they were on vacation. Buddy smoked ribs and Dana made confetti corn salad, bread and a green salad. While the meat was smoking the kids (and Daddy for awhile) played in our blow up pool.

Matt was so tired from doing his projects (this weekend's was to pressure wash the back of the house) that he couldn't even put on his bathing suit.

I have to say the back of the house looks so much better with all the mold and dirt washed off of it.

Sunday, Matt finished up his pressure washing project and I nursed a sore back. I'm not sure what I did but once again it's really bothering me. Hopefully it will clear up soon because I need to get everything ready for the consignment sale this Saturday. I'm hoping to get rid of a lot of the baby clothes and baby items we have hanging around the house.

And here's the week in pictures....

Tyler and Lauren playing in their dump trucks.

Tyler right after he fell out of his dump truck.

Lauren made a "Picnic Salad" from her cookbook for dinner on Sunday.

And the finished product.

I'm off to lay down to nurse my back while the kids are napping. TTFN.

No comments: