Tuesday, July 15, 2008

pool day


Last night Lauren had her first sleepover. As posted earlier, Tera spent the night. It was pretty successful except that Tera woke up crying around midnight but quickly went back to sleep while I rubbed her back and first this this morning, 6:30am to be exact, I had 2 little blond girls climb into my bed and actually kick me out.

Lauren woke up a bit under the weather with some tummy touble but after an hour she was running around as healthy as can be.

When Tera's Dad came to get her, we decided to take the kids to the neighborhood pool. We ended up spending all day at the pool. My kids even took a little nap on a pool side chair.

It was a fun day and luckily I'm the only one who ended up getting burned. In addition to Tyler and Tera; Lea and Bethany (friends from the neighborhood) along with their parents, also joined us.

We got home with enough time to get our baths in just before Matt got home from work. He's fighting a sore throat so I'm sure that's putting a crimp in his day.

For dinner I made a bay scallop stir fry which I thought was delicious but Matt thought was a bit "saucy." Maybe tomorrow I'll start taking pictures of my meals again. This one did appear picture worthy but I just didn't think of it. I was too excited to eat outside on our new patio table. It was really a beautful evening.,

Here's the recipe for the Bay Scallop Stir-fry:
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
1 red bell pepper (ribs, seeds removed, thinly sliced)
2 bunches of scallions, white and green parts separated
2 carrots, halved lengthwise or quartered if large and cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
1 pound bay scallops, patted dry

Pepare rice whichever way you like.
Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set sauce aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Add bell pepper , scallion whites, carrots and ginger; cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are crisp-tender, 4 to 5 mins.
Add scallops and scallion greens, cook, stirring occasionally, until scallops are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Whisk sauce briefly, and add to skillet; cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
Serve scallop stir-fry over rice.


Big Brother 10 is on so gotta go....

No comments: