Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bathroom and the Braves

Matt and I have barely said 3 words to each other today. No, not because we're fighting (we don't fight like that, btw) but because we both have our separate projects and things to do today. Matt has been busy in the basement bathroom. He and Tyler went to Home Depot earlier to get some things to tile the floor and then while T and I were at the grocery store Matt and Lauren went again for some other tools. (Weekend Home Depot count: 2) Matt is also installing a car stereo for Mr. Johnny across the street. I just noticed that he has now swapped cars and he is installing yet another stereo in yet another car. Since Johnny buys cars at auctions and then sells them, Matt may have another part time job as car stereo installer. This would be in addition to his other part time job as neighborhood yard boy. (Man, do I feel lazy!)

But I have been busy today myself...with meal planning, household chores and grocery shopping. I was expecting to grocery shop by myself as usual since normally the kids prefer to stay with Daddy but Tyler actually said "I want to go with Mommy." Such a sweet boy, that favorite son of mine. We grabbed a race car shopping cart and I loaded Tyler up with his blankie, new race car (he got from Home Depot with Daddy earlier today) and some juice-water. He was such a good boy during this long $200 grocery trip. He got more than one comment on how cute he was....sucking his fingers with his blankie and just chilling in the cart.

Despite the fact that Matt and I have avoided each other's company today...we will get to regroup together as a couple tonight. Morgan (our baby-sitter) called me up yesterday and asked if we might need her to baby-sit this weekend. Like I'm Going To Say No To That! So we thought long and hard about what we wanted to do and then I told Matt I wanted to go watch a Braves game. They play the SFO Giants at 7:10 tonight but we're going to go early to catch some home runs from batting practice and grab a bite to eat at one of the restaurants in the field. I'm looking forward to it. Just one more hour until Morgan gets here.

More to come later and hopefully a picture or two of me catching a home-run hit!

No comments: