Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wiped-out Sunday

This morning we went to a park in Tyrone, GA. I used to think that a town named "Tyrone" sounded weird but now I realize that if you can name a city "Eugene" than why not "Tyrone." Matt and the kids played while I jogged laps on the .49 mile lakeside track. I ran 8 laps and ran a total of 4 miles in 38 minutes. This is my new time record!! While I was suffering...the kids played and had tons and tons and tons of fun.

Back home Matt hooked up the computer to the TV in the basement. We went to Hulu and watched some Wipeout episodes and also some Wubbzy which we can't get with our basic cable.
Wipeout

the following are pics from their own Wipeout obstacle course.


Dinner tonight was a Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta. Matt suggested this dish since we had smoked our leftover salmon and were waiting for an excuse to use it.
Follow directions but use 8oz fresh mushrooms instead of canned. Add them with the onion and go from there. Also, add salt, pepper and favorite seasoning to taste with the onion and mushrooms. Instead of the skim milk I used 1c. half and half and 1c. 2% milk. Serve with bread and veggie.


The salmon pasta was very rich and very tasty. I think I'll be full for days.
Time to read books, get the kids to bed and then watch the movie "What Doesn't Kill You" with Mattie-cakes.

No comments: