Monday, September 7, 2009

a little "pizza" heaven

We took advantage of the cooler temps (80s) and headed out to another local park today. This one had mega playgrounds so we took advantage. I scoped out the jogging trails for next week. Maybe we'll come back and Matt and the kids can play while I pound some pavement.
Daddy takes a power nap

in honor of AMS Nascar
the fountains were working...so of course we took advantage,
too bad we didn't bring any towels
After a fun day at the park we headed home for pizza night.
I found a recipe for pizza dough I wanted to try and the recipe made enough for 3 pizzas. I must say that I LOVED this pizza dough. It is much better than the pizza dough I normally make in the bread machine. I will definitely make this dough in the future (even though it takes a little longer to prepare than the bread machine dough.) I asked Matt to toss, bounce, turn and stretch the pizza dough into perfectly sized circles. He still is the pizza dough artiste even though it's been a few years since his high-school job at the Hut.
Pizza #1: PEPPERONI (topped by Lauren and Tyler)
1. Sprinkle dough with Parmesan cheese so dough won't be soggy in the middle.
2. Spread with pizza sauce, add Italian seasoning or other desired seasoning.
3. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
4. Bake at 500 degrees, 10-15 min. depending on pan used & location in the oven.


Pizza #2: MOZZARELLA, TOMATO, BASIL, BALSAMIC VINEGAR
1. Sprinkle dough with Parmesan.
2. Add balsamic vinegar (I used a balsamic vinaigrette but will omit the oil next time and just use balsamic.)
3. Add fresh sliced mozzarella and sliced roma tomatoes.
4. Bake at 500 degrees for about 10 min.
5. Top with sliced fresh basil.
Pizza #3: BACON, PINEAPPLE & JALAPENO

1. Sprinkle dough with parmesan.
2. Drizzle some Williamson Bros. BBQ sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
3. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
4. Top with pineapple chunks, cooked chopped bacon and sauteed jalapeno slices.
5. Bake about 10 min. at 500 degrees.
All three pizzas were heavenly, especially the two not geared toward the kiddos. Matt and I couldn't keep from commenting about how good they were. The perfect pizza dough topped with the tastiest toppings made my taste buds very happy.
Today started with a fun family-time visit to the park and ended with such a delicious dinner...we enjoyed a little "piece of"/"pizza" heaven today.

1 comment:

dgentzke said...

Hey I noticed they painted the car. It was an just wooden last time I was there!!