Friday, September 25, 2009

I've been a little lazy

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. (over a week...WoW!)
I've simply been a-slacking...I've been a little bit lazy.
I'll try to do better from now on or at least have better excuses.

As I type this long overdue post, Lauren is with her friend Kylie at the "Family Fun Night" for Kylie's elementary school and the boys (Matt, Tyler, Mr. Buddy and a handful of neighbor kids) are playing cornhole in our driveway. If y'all don't know what cornhole is then you best be fixin' on finding out. It's hot y'all.


Last weekend we brought down Matt's old Lego's from our guest bedroom (a.k.a. extra storage space.) These were a HIT. Lauren and Tyler loved them and have played with them every day since.

I think the kids are enjoying them as much as Matt.And yes, Tyler is in his pajamas. He chose not to change out of his PJs last weekend.
(I pick my battles and that was not one of them.)

Lauren gives a shout out to her favorite dinner from the last week. Obviously, the one which had black olives in it.


This meal was my adaptation of Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken (from the Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes cookbook) served over rice. It was yummy....healthy and yet very satisfying and filling.



Lauren has really been into her artwork lately. She comes home from school and immediately goes to the "little table" and creates all sorts of drawings and works of art. Here she is snapping a photo with her home-made camera.

This afternoon Joshua stopped by to show Tyler a baby frog he had captured. Tyler thought this was the coolest thing ever. Tyler loved to watch the frog jump out of Joshua's hands. Last I saw...said frog did escape and jumped safely into the woods behind our house.

And to close this sub-spectacular post I will leave it with the following pic.
You Might Be a Redneck If:
You move your Big Green Egg from your neighbor's house using a tarp, rope and a Jeep.
But hey, it worked.

No comments: