Tuesday, September 15, 2009

the kids are surviving

Tonight marks the second (and final) night this week that Matt a.k.a. Daddy has been working out of town. He had some business in Fernandina Beach, Florida and then today in Jesup, Georgia. Given a choice, I would travel to Fernandina Beach over Jesup any day but with my love of new places I imagine I could find some fun in Jesup, GA too. Unfortunately, with Lauren being of Kindergarten age it really puts a damper on my "travel with Matt's work schedule."
I anticipated having to miss out on a conference Matt was attending in Portland, Oregon next week. But unfortunately (or fortunately!) Matt won't be able to attend either. His company landed a HUGE project at a nearby mill and will instead have the "kick-off" meetings next week. This is great news because one way or another he will be getting his full pay back. More details to come I'm sure.
But anyway back to us surviving (...or barely surviving if you, Matt, are reading this...)
Monday I found out more about Lauren's school day.
Me: Hey Lauren, what was your favorite part of school today?
L: Center Time. We get to play with really, really cool toys. (i.e. dinosaurs, legos, etc.)
Me: I thought you liked to play on the playground best.
L: I don’t like to go on the playground because my friend runs so fast and I don’t like to go so fast.
Me: Is there anyone else you could play with when your friend wants to run fast?
L: Well, when Madie (her fast running friend) was sick I played with Kerra.
Me: Why don’t you play more with Kerra on the playground then?
L: But then Madie, my friend, wouldn’t feel very good.
My girl is already thinking about other people’s feelings. What a special girl she is!
After school on Monday, Emma came over to play. The kiddos wanted to look at Lauren's and Tyler's photo albums. I was surprised at how much fun they had looking at and remembering the photos. Lauren definitely recalled a trip to the Enchanted Forest in Oregon from 2 summers ago! (I'll have to be more deliberate and cautious now because I know permanent memories are being formed.)
Dinner last night was Spaghetti Puttanesca with Broccoli Rabe. It was pretty good and a total of 8 Weight Watchers points. (yes, I've started to count WW points this week (again)) Lauren and Tyler enjoyed twirling their spaghetti around their forks.
Today (Tuesday) was my busy day. I was on the move the whole day.
Since Matt isn't home I have time to list it out (regardless, if you are interested or not...wink)
(disclaimer: if you are the crazy internet stalker type...we are fully armed just like all of our good old southern neighbors and we have a security system too.)
Tuesday, 9/15/2009
6am: wake-up to an almost silent alarm clock...but I can hear it like it's the blasted fire alarm. brush my teeth, get dressed.
6:15: wake Lauren up so she can get herself dressed for school.
6:20: wake Tyler up and get him dressed for school.
6:30: breakfast, brush hair, shoes on...then color or play while waiting for the bus
7:00: bus picks L up for school.
7:15: I shower and get ready for the Mom's Club Mixer.
8:30: leave to take Tyler to school
9:30: arrive at the Mom's Club Mixer to meet the newest members, socialize and teach/learn more about the Mom's Club.
12pm: pick T up from school.
12:15: lunch and then nap for T
3:00: walk to end of drive-way to meet Lauren as she gets off the bus
3:01: scream at L to get her dance clothes on so we can make it to ballet/tap class on time.
3:07: load up in the car and head to dance class.
3:30-4:30: T and I watch Lauren dance
5:00: L homework and then kiddos play while I fix dinner.
6:00: We all enjoy my Mom's yummy Chicken and Rice Bake for Dinner.
I don't feel like typing out the recipe but IT IS GOOD! E-mail her if your are interested. =) 7:15: clean up toys and have a snack
7:30: PJs and story-time (Bedtime Mouse by Sandol Stoddard, excerpts from A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein and chapter 6 of Cam Jansen: The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds by David A. Adler)
8:05: tuck kiddos into bed
8:15 to now! Me writing the blog.
In the Immediate Future: the season Finale of BIG BROTHER. Yeah...can't wait.

1 comment:

g.g. said...

Alright! alright! I am sorry about the finger painting... Mom "G.G."