Saturday, September 26, 2009

So long Baby Tooth Number Three

I just found out yesterday that Lauren had another loose tooth. (the bottom right tooth) It was just a little bit wiggly so I figured it would be a while before it came out. Well it came out today and I'm not sure if I should feel bad about it or not.
Here's the scoop: This morning Lauren was bored so, of course, she decided to tease Tyler just for the fun of it. (You know how us older sisters like to do things.) Well she was up in his face and taunting him any way she could think of. She bothered him enough and so he swat at her in the face. She started crying and told me, "Mommy, Tyler hit me." I told her she shouldn't have been bothering him. Well, then she walked up to me with her tooth in her hand. Oops...maybe Tyler hit her harder than I thought.
She doesn't look like she's hurting though.

Later we loaded up and headed to the Dragon Boat Race & International Festival in Peachtree City. In the car, Lauren excitedly showed off her gaping smile.
At the festival we watched one dragon boat race but they took too much time in between races and the kids lost interest. At least the festival had a couple of "bouncy toys" to keep them entertained. However, the bouncy toys were "too hot" for Lauren. So instead, we played with a couple of free Frisbees and then headed out to grab lunch at a pizza joint.
We walked along the bike/cart paths to Partners Pizza.

At the pizza parlour Tyler felt it necessary to be in disguise. He also unwrapped his silverware, pulled out the knife and LOUDLY declared that he was going to "cut me and make me dead." He laughed hysterically after this but seriously where does he get this stuff? He goes to pre-school at a Baptist Church of all places. I'm guessing it's his older neighbor friends he plays with. Should I be worried?!
After lunch we came home and took naps. I even took a nap because Tyler has been in the habit of waking up 4 or 5 times a night to "go tee tee" or to try and climb in our bed. Although Matt can somehow sleep through the loudest of these events...I always wake up when Tyler opens his bedroom door. (which gives me a choppy night's sleep) My kids have always been good sleepers but I'm being challenged right now. Give me strength.
After naps I tried to find the Oregon Duck vs. Cal game on TV but of course our cable network didn't broadcast it. Instead, I listened to it on XM Radio and turned on America's Funniest Home Videos for Lauren. (Tyler played computer games with his Daddy in the office.) Lauren was cracking up over AFV. She kept shouting to me, "Mommy, you have to come watch this." Lauren and I both thoroughly enjoyed watching people get smacked, knocked around and attacked by cats/rats/baseball bats. I'm doing my best to teach her the benefits of a dry sense of humor.
While she watched TV we "frozen corned" her ankle. Yesterday, she was bit by a mosquito and her ankle has swollen up 3 times its size. (She reacts even worse than I do to mosquito bites.)
cute, no?

I probably should give a shout out to my Oregon Ducks. Whoo Hoo. Maybe losing Blount was what we needed?
Tonight we may watch the Georgia game or we may just watch a movie (Babylon A.D.) I'm leaning toward the movie since my fave football team already won.
Happy Saturday Y'all.

1 comment:

brian said...

cut you and make you dead. haha. that is my nephew! ducks looked good and beavers looked bad :(