Monday, January 16, 2012

Moving Upward and Onward

I've been in a funk lately.  It may be the weather (although it's been quite mild so far this winter) or it may be the length of the NFL football season...and me being jealous of it because it gets to see my husband more than I do.  Or maybe both.
Either way I've decided to get over it this weekend.  Positive thoughts from here on out.

So...Moving Upward:
I took great pride in watching both Lauren and Tyler play their Upward basketball games this weekend.  They both surprised me with their aggressiveness on offense and defense.  I was one proud Mama.
(L is #1)


Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of Tyler's game.  I wish I had because it was a very interesting game.  One of the referees obviously wasn't used to the kindergarten game level.  He called multiple personal fouls (on the 5 year olds!) and even let the clock tick down while he had all the kids tuck in their jerseys.  Matt, as the coach, kept his cool.  The half time show made it all worth while though.  Matt Stinchcomb (who formerly played football for UGA, the Raiders and Tampa Bay) gave the devotional.

Moving Onward:
Sunday we had a house full of kids.  It's the NFL playoffs and while the Dad's watched football in the basement the kids all trashed the played upstairs.  I love that they chose to play school.  I printed out some Mad Libs for "the teacher" (in the blue shirt) to do with the kids.  They got a kick out of that.







Dinner last night was Slow Cooker Turkey Chili and green salad.  Since we had such a full house I made this for the adults and then some chicken nuggets and raviolis for the kids.  Mr. Mike said it tasted healthy (it was) but that didn't stop him from eating two servings and taking the left-overs home.

According to the weekly menu I was supposed to make corn bread to go along but I was feeling adventurous and decided to make bread bowls for the chili instead.  This was my first attempt at bread bowls but they turned out GREAT!  I didn't apply the egg-white wash until a crust formed (after baking for 5 minutes.)  Other that that I followed the recipe exactly.  (I only made the bread bowls not the vegetable soup.)

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend.  And for those of you ladies who are lukewarm NFL football fans like myself......there are only a few weeks to go (20 days exactly) until we get our husbands back.  =)


No comments: